Forums

Help › Forums

help with last update, worst game performance ever.

Sun, Aug 19 2012 4:21 PM (86 replies)
  • mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:01 PM

WGTpizza:

Hi folks,

To start, in case it isn't known by anyone reading this, Adobe Flash released an update around the same time we released a new game version (bad timing!)

There have been problems with the Flash plug-in all over the board, every browser.

See here Adobe's recent (3:13pm PST 8/2/12) update, apologizing for the poor performance of this latest update: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1024504

There is a section on that link to tell Adobe how you are effected by this update. I suggest everyone do this, as it may help them reach a solution faster.

As always, feel free to email our support team for individual help.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

I think it's absolutely amazing when after a big update like WGT did last night that WGT are saying, ''Its not us, It's the new Flash update''. 

PLEASE!!!!!! Give us all a bit more credit than that WGT. I have done everything suggested and things are still the same even after rolling back the Flash Player to an earlier version, (Which by the way, didn't need to be done as the new version hasn't been downloaded yet)

Its not the Flash. Please get your updating team to check their work as something has been tweaked which didn't need tweaking and its fouled things up for a lot of members. Not all I must admit but a lot. If it was the flash on its own then surely everyone on Chrome would be affected.

I can't do any more my end and until this is sorted my playing days are over. The game is hard enough without meter issues like this. 5 over par over 3 holes is a joke. ha ha ha ha ha ha:~))

Mel

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:15 PM

WGTicon:

Is this still happening?

-wgticon

Just finished 9 holes n the game feels like I have starter balls, its racing.. .. that said been here long enuff to know it will be sorted,,,  unless of course we need to buy the new Callaway slower meter ball...... lol

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:16 PM

Well, interesting:

Whatever is wrong has gotten much, much worse since the site came back up this morning.  To wit:

At 2:17AM EST WGT shuts down for maintenance

At 8:30 AM I awaken and get on the game and have ABSOLUTELY no issues at all.  Game plays great.  I play a round while having my coffee.  For the recoird, at this point nothing had changed in my game settings.

At 10:30 AM I log in, and all my settings are reset, music is on, putter pal is turned back on, etc. and there seems to be a slight delay between action and sounds, but it is playable

At 7:00 PM I log in, things seem OK, I try to enter a game and it takes an inordinately long time to load.  First tee things seem fine.  I'm at the Kiawah championships.  Set backswing, meter comes down smooth, I click.... and several moments later my click registers, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch late on my meter, and my ball flies almost dead right out of bounds.

So the site is still screwed up and unplayable for me BECAUSE WGT SCREWED THE POOCH ON AN UPDATE, not because Flash did anything.  Take some responsibility WGT.  It's bad enough when we have issues that occur here that happen NO WHERE ELSE and you tell us it's our computers.  Now, you are blaming others.  Stop p*ssing in our faces and telling us it's rain.

You owe me a Nike.  I'll be e-mailing you to get it replaced.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:29 PM

I do not know what has happened but wgt was running great for me for a long time (year) and now it runs like crap! There is about a half second delay when i go to hit. No way I can play it like this.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:33 PM

Try this JVR86.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:43 PM

I experienced this problem with a few of my buds in an Alt shot game. I was with MBaggese, KyRock75, and TheSpaghettiKid. My meter is reacting very late to my click. I'm also having these weird radio frequency sounds that are very staticy. At this point it's unplayable. I had the Adobe Flash update at around midnight this morning. I hate that a major program like Adobe Flash has so many problems that causes things to get worse instead of better.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:44 PM

WGTicon:

Is this still happening?

-wgticon

Yes Icon, still happening!

sorry, but is impossible to play like this, I just made another try and  I had to make a 6 yrd chip from the tee just for not to lose another ball.

• MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:59 PM

This is insane. I have cleared all my caches and cookies. Did a restart ad have game booster running. I havent had problems in a long time but this game in unplayable. It is 7pm CST. I go to click and it registers about a second and a half late. It looks like its still going on Icon. Please help.

MD

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 5:53 PM

I just tried it again with no luck. I can tell before i even swing that it will be bad because my fans will be blowing. I opened up 3 youtube videos and played 2 at the same time and they played fine and the fan did not blow. That was with 4 windows open although there was not much on the opened windows. But us soon as I hit play now, there goes my fans! 

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:04 PM

For those with chrome, this helped so far.

hyena64:

WGTadmin2:
    There was also a flash update on chrome this morning also, so that might be causing some pain.

If using Chrome, type about:plugins  in address bar, hit enter. Click details in upper right corner. Disable version 11,3,300,270 (3rd one down) & enable version 11,3,300,268 (2nd one down).  Things seem to be fine with that combination.   Got to thank pjctas for that one.  Hope it works for you.  Good luck.

If you haven't already, set your flash website storage setting to 1 MB.  Cleared my meter right up.

Thanks Hyena64! I did what you said, and was able to fix the weird game performance. At least for now. 

I had 3 different versions and I started playing with combinations, and the one the helped was "disable" the 1st one down. 

That fixed also the sound problem.  (sound with interference) 

Anyway I want to say: WGT make a marketing strategy by telling you "play from your browser", "no download needed"... but it seem that is way more complicate than that. 

Ok, play from your browser but you have to download 11+ different browsers to see what one of those works for you...

Probably at the end, a WGT program would be better!

RSS