Forums

Help › Forums

so we have a new feature - called "Lip Outs"

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 4 2012 6:10 PM (5 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:38 AM

Sounds like something u would pay for in Amsterdam's Red Light district.

I had four of these shocking occurrences in 18 holes, and I am getting it repeatedly in all other rounds.

It's a pisser, as it's the difference between -4 and -8.

They have obviously reduced the tolerance of the hole, a sneaky way of making the course harder, which was always on their "to do" list.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:58 AM

oneeyedjohn:

I had four of these shocking occurrences in 18 holes, and I am getting it repeatedly in all other rounds.

They have obviously reduced the tolerance of the hole, a sneaky way of making the course harder, which was always on their "to do" list.

Hi

nothing was done to the tolerances. I once saw jakestanfill lip 10 in 18hole game.

sometimes it happens.

-wgticon

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:12 AM

WGTicon:

oneeyedjohn:

Hi

nothing was done to the tolerances. I once saw jakestanfill lip 10 in 18hole game.

sometimes it happens.

-wgticon

Sorry Icon, but I can't truly believe WGT doesn't do any changes. I used the Taylor Made 2.0  irons when they came out. I loved those clubs, They had spin, could stop the ball even in Bethpage elevated holes... I decided to buy the R11s.. which I found good but with some inconsistencies. Got sick one day and sold every club in my bag, but went back and bought them again.. going back to the TM... You know what..!!!??? They don't stop the balls where I used to. The elevated holes I mentioned, I use full backspin and there is always a reason not to stop the ball.. the most common.. even with a longer iron the ball ALWAYS hits the  fringe when I use full backspin, if I only use 3//4.. then it rolls endlessly to the rough... When I say it I mean it.. ALWAYS.. ball always does something and I don't think is my math because I am using the same math as before. My opinion.. WGT changed the backspin and specs.. no matter how much you deny it.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:44 AM

SOYEL1:

WGTicon:

oneeyedjohn:

Hi

sometimes it happens.

-wgticon

Sorry Icon, but I can't truly believe WGT doesn't do any changes. I used the Taylor Made 2.0  irons when they came out. I loved those clubs, They had spin, could stop the ball even in Bethpage elevated holes... I decided to buy the R11s.. which I found good but with some inconsistencies. Got sick one day and sold every club in my bag, but went back and bought them again.. going back to the TM... You know what..!!!??? They don't stop the balls where I used to. The elevated holes I mentioned, I use full backspin and there is always a reason not to stop the ball.. the most common.. even with a longer iron the ball ALWAYS hits the  fringe when I use full backspin, if I only use 3//4.. then it rolls endlessly to the rough... When I say it I mean it.. ALWAYS.. ball always does something and I don't think is my math because I am using the same math as before. My opinion.. WGT changed the backspin and specs.. no matter how much you deny it.

Lip outs have been around for some time now, believe me if there were changes to the tolerances then the regulars would notice the changes very quickly. Always remember that the true putting speed has different tolerances. For example I know there are at least 3 different tournament green speeds.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:54 AM

It could just be the putter that you are using. Also, lip out's happen a lot when u might hit the putt too hard. When I had my Rossa putter I lipped so many putts but once I bought the L92 spyder putter My putting has improved a fair bit. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 6:10 PM

I only mention it simply because it is happening so much. I haven't changed nor has my putter nor has my style.

So be it.

RSS