Forums

Help › Forums

HELP please

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:34 PM (9 replies)
  • deded
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:39 AM

when I  go full screen, my mouse is off  by about 3/4 of an inch vertically. the  video is   not smooth, stuttering meter  even in small screen mode.  this doesnt seem to  be  a problem in my  system,, I  cant duplicate it  anywhere else...  any ideas?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 11:40 AM

deded:

when I  go full screen, my mouse is off  by about 3/4 of an inch vertically. the  video is   not smooth, stuttering meter  even in small screen mode.  this doesnt seem to  be  a problem in my  system,, I  cant duplicate it  anywhere else...  any ideas?

hi

sounds like some flash issues. I am not even sure:(

I would downgrade to the older versions.

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:06 AM

Which Browser brand & version, which Flash version?

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:38 PM

Hi gang i looked through the old threads and thought this would be the best to ask for advice , i had a acer driver update come up and i did it and now all my letters , pictures and the whole screen is just huge .  I adjusted the screen resolution and checked the zoom and got no love , any ideas as i can't use the game looking through binoculars !

Thanx everyone .

dflop !    : (

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:07 AM

1) Search or ask in an Acer forum - looks like no WGT related issue to me.

2) Open a new thread for a new subject please.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:18 AM

You could always do a system restore. Just type in restore into your searchbox, and when it opens, pick a date from before the update. Usually works.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:53 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    You could always do a system restore. Just type in restore into your searchbox, and when it opens, pick a date from before the update. Usually works.

Cheers TWOMINUSONE , sounds like a great idea !

Yeah thanx heaps guys , no it is not WGT it was stupid me doing a update of my drivers , like they say if it's not broke don't fix it . The update came up and i just thought why not .

I wasn't sure about opening a new thread , so i just searched HELP and thought someone will read it , thanx so much fellas !

dflop !

• Stardustor
    29 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:44 PM

It's not WGT, it's quite likely the old Flash Player version.....!!!  It keeps coming back...!

Over the past several weeks, I've seen/read many complaints concerning erratic cursor movements, stuttering meter slide, etc. 

Believe me, I've experienced my share of the frustrations and the inability to enjoy this outstanding WGT game. I still have intermittent problems but now have a way to make adjustments/corrections to my system, ...in a matter of moments...!!

For those of us using Google Chrome (we're usually the ones having problems) there is an  easy fix. Please read all this to the very end.....!!

1. Go the your google home page by clicking on the google icon on your desktop.

2. In the topmost address bar, type 'Chrome://plugins/' (without the apostrophes)

3. Press the enter key. Do not use your mouse, but press the actual enter key....!!

4.That'll present a page listing different operations that have been 'enabled' (or      disabled)

5. Check to see which Adobe Flash player is "Enabled". Chances that there will be two, maybe more that are "Enabled". You can tell which are "Enabled" because there'll be a "Disable" link that is highlighted.

6. If the Flash version enabled is not 11,4,402,265,  but 11.3.31.331, that's quite likely your problem. Click the disable link on all but 11,4,402,265. 

7. In the upper right corner of your screen, you'll see a "Details'" box. Click there and you'll see where you'll be able to check "Always Allow" on the 11,4,402,265 Flash version.

Follow these suggestions and you'll find many of your WGT problems will be resolved.

Despite my selecting the "Always Allow' box, mysteriously, the old Flash version somehow "Enables" itself and needs to be disabled.  I can't figure that one out....????

That mystery Flash reactivation has caused me to end many games and go back into Google and reset back to 11,4,402,265. You can tell, instantly, when the Flash player reverts back to the older version. Why that happens, I cannot say...???

If you cannot find the newer version, it's an easy, free download from the Adobe website.

Stardustor

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:17 PM

If your using Chrome....  The best versions are ending with ...    .268 or .271 and disable the Peperflash File too.

I'm not sure of the latest version of flash...  I'm too scared to click on the update available button that keeps coming up....lol

-Roger

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:34 PM

Thanx every one , i have got it back to normal but i have know idea how i did it , but i know from now on any update that comes my way will be rejected , as some have said in these forums if it's not broke don't fix it , unfortunately i learnt the hard way .

thanx guys , ....  dflop !

RSS