Forums

Help › Forums

choosing your own flash

Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:27 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • creamer444
    783 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:45 AM

hi im using google chrome im using the flash which ends in 268 my question is can i dump this 1 and go back to another one the best 1 i ever used was a 265 meeter smoath all time if i can do this how do i do it this 268 is unreliable smoathe 1 min jerky the next yes all flash cleared etc any help is appreciated ty all

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 5:36 PM

WGT broke Google Chrome.

Many have jumped over to another Browser using the Chrome shell:

Comodo Dragon

Some are using RockMelt another browser using the Chrome shell, however Dragon is faster as it Predicts page loads.

Rockmelt is handy if you want a FaceBook/ Twitter/ etc integration. Which would be useless if you are going to disable them to ensure a clean browser for WGT.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 6:49 PM

creamer444:

hi im using google chrome im using the flash which ends in 268 my question is can i dump this 1 and go back to another one the best 1 i ever used was a 265 meeter smoath all time if i can do this how do i do it this 268 is unreliable smoathe 1 min jerky the next yes all flash cleared etc any help is appreciated ty all

I'm as lost as you are..Agassi1991(who I've just played) recommended Maxthon..smooth as..yet every 3/4th hole locks up..now can't find pop up blocker/settings on that browser...(presuming that ,that is the prob)Jeez this is bad,bad,bad..all I want to do is hit a ball....& go where I 'Mr Burns it'( Excellent ...) Not too much to ask surely ?..Andy

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:21 AM

Ok, joined one month now and really enjoying it but have yet to get involved in the forums so decided my first post should, hopefully, be a helpful one. Here is what works for me.......

Close all browsers/progs and then go to control panel/uninstall programs; and uninstall whatever adobe flash you have there as well as flash plugins. Next open up a browser window and download firefox from here if your not running it already  :-

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/   

.......and install. Firefox is solid . I have found the google based browsers always seem to get conflicts sooner or later; this being my experience obviously. Later you can get the 'adblockplus' add-on if this is your preference (dont forget to disable on wgt). More experienced users can get the 'no-script' add-on for even greater control.

Next, open it up and go to :-

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580

and install version 10.3 'for other browsers'. Close all browsers again and install this. As you install it, make sure and tell it to 'ask you' for update permission, OR, deny update permission (recommended) when asked. This is so you can maintain this version on your system until adobe get their act sorted. Either that or you can temporarily block it at firewall level if you know how; this will depend on your software.

You will be able to use this same method to install future versions of flash when they become available; uninstalling old versions before installing new ones. Make sure and check back here regular enough and you'll know when that is.

hope this helps someone, gl, EB

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:17 AM

ty very much for your replys guys yep its very frustraiting technology now a days puts people on the moon yet no body can make a meeter go smoathe lol so so frustraiting.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:52 AM

creamer444:

Try Adobe service or download area.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 6:56 AM

alosso:

creamer444:

Try Adobe service or download area.

No ! Just go into your plug ins within flash the previous version you were using is there still. See info thread on how to access your plug ins within Chrome in the BUG forum.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 7:46 AM

I switched to Rockmelt.  Ignore the Facebook, just cancel it when it comes up. Bookmark WGT.  It works fast and smooth. I only use this browser for WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 7:48 AM

Yappy22:

I switched to Rockmelt.  Ignore the Facebook, just cancel it when it comes up. Bookmark WGT.  It works fast and smooth. I only use this browser for WGT.

Set the home page to the game client. That way it goes directly to the game when you open it. If you're bookmarking it that means you have a tool bar there that you don't need/want.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 8:10 AM

i used my own flash

thought my g/f was the only one watching

almost got arrested

lmao

anyone know what Romney meant when he

said he was shopping for Hardware stuff?

• PAGES
RSS