Forums

Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 12:21 PM

I gave it a go, personally for me its no better than Rockmelt, just as smooth with a hiccup every now and again.  The thing I don't like about Maxthon is aesthetically it just doesn't do it for me.  And full screen is no different that any other full screen on the other browsers - you still get black borders on either side of the screen.  

• TicaMC03
    36 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 2:04 PM

thanks for the info.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 2:46 PM

TonyTurbo78:

I gave it a go, personally for me its no better than Rockmelt, just as smooth with a hiccup every now and again.  The thing I don't like about Maxthon is aesthetically it just doesn't do it for me.  And full screen is no different that any other full screen on the other browsers - you still get black borders on either side of the screen.  

There are 2 routes to 'full screen' for all the browsers I've used:

1. The window maximize button in the upper right (between the 'minimize' button on left and 'close window X' button on right; you get the black side borders with this method, and tool-bars are still up at top.

2. The WGT  full screen button in the lower right of play window (next to the sound off/on button. I always use this route! The putt and 'all other clubs' meters are always exactly the same length (not true for maximize window button) and location, and the window tool bars are gone so the play window fills the height of your screen. There are small white borders left and right sides because my Toshiba notebook screen has a slightly wider aspect ratio than WGT's design ratio.

The slight down-side of method 2 is that you can't enter any game chat whilst in full screen mode; to chat you have to either hit ESC button or click on 'Leave full screen' in the chat entry box.

Since I have my hand-drawn meter scales taped under my screen for distance accuracy, this is a small price to pay - set up and shoot in WGT full screen, and if chat required hit ESC. Note the differences in length and off-set between putter meter and that for all other clubs in the photos below:

• TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 3:57 PM

When I choose the WGT full screen button, the screen visually looks worse than pressing F11 to go into full screen mode.  I stay clear of that button, plus, I think black borders look better than white one lol.  

What I don't understand, is why full screen is not indeed full screen.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 4:55 PM

TonyTurbo78:
    When I choose the WGT full screen button, the screen visually looks worse than pressing F11 to go into full screen mode.  I stay clear of that button

Exactly. All that button does is zoom the picture in at the cost of sharpness, among other things. You can do that by right clicking and selecting zoom, too.

Full screen on a Toshiba laptop has only about 1/2" and each side of the screen that is black. The top and bottom go to the very edge. This is with the F11 key. Sometimes, to get there, you have to minimize the screen, maximize it and then hit F11. The difference is quite noticeable over the game full screen. This is what I see...

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 5:43 PM

thebigeasy707:

Adobe Flash Uninstaller

Maxthon3 The Best Browser By Far To Play WGT

Buttery smooth meter.....draws pages 200% faster than Google Chrome...built in adhunter and full screen mode rocks.

tbe

I just downloaded Maxthon 3 and had my first game on it a couple of minutes ago...got halfway thru the game and it crashed...lol

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 2:46 AM

this is what happens when there's a failure of democracy :)

tbe

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 3:28 AM

thebigeasy707:

this is what happens when there's a failure of democracy :)

tbe

HHA!!

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:05 AM

Maxthon seems to small to use in normal mode, but the full screen is perfect, havn't had a skip yet, and thats using a pc with 1 gig of ram!, much faster than any other browser in browsing WGT too.  When your so used to having black borders as i am, the WGT full screen seems a bit off putting, but i dont  mind the black borders with maxthon as i would get a black border anyway with my BLACK wide screen monitor so everything matches and is not a distraction, wgt's full screen is jumpy too but maxthon even the moving dots on the green are constant and smooth, i've never seen another browser that does this on my PC.  Each to their own, we all have our unique choices in browsers which suits us best, but i'm glad i chose to go with Maxthon as all the troubles every one else is having has gone right over my head.

The meter i get in Maxthon 3 full screen is so smooth i wont go back to any other browser to play this game, not even a zoom 3/4 way down like you get on others either!

Maxthon Normal:

Maxthon Full screen:

WGT full screen:

• gator5613
    41 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:12 AM

hello al

i1m trying maxthon3 as we speak seems good

only 1 annoying problem? when in game mode theres a little window in bottom right hand corner that says pop up i can~t get it to go away  only when playin

any help would be gr8

RSS