Help › Forums

Dwight Howard to the Lakers!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:23 PM (25 replies)
  • labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:10 AM

KEHYLAR:

Willis Reed, Dave DeBusschere, Bill Bradley, Earl"The Pearl" Monroe & Walt,"Clyde" Frazier. Not too shabby!

They said that two super star guards , "The Pearl & "Clyde", couldn't play together. How wrong they were!

Is my age showing?

LAURA

You've got to take time out

Get into the action, while you're in action at home

Sit back and do something nice for yourself

Sharing the feeling with somebody else

Time out for the NBA Game of the Week

I even remember that Earl the Pearl played for the Baltimore Bullets, before being traded to the Knicks.

That Knicks team made me an NBA fan!  (Actually pre-Pearl.  Frazier was my favorite.)

(Thought I was a Knicks fan, but that eventually kinda wore off for some reason.)

Those west coast championship games against the Lakers (Wilt the Stilt and Jerry West) turned me into the night owl I am today.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:06 AM

labordayk:
    Those west coast championship games against the Lakers (Wilt the Stilt and Jerry West) turned me into the night owl I am today.

Don't forget the guy that could defy gravity in the key-Elgin Baylor.  :-)

Trivia question........Who is the model for the silhouette on the NBA logo? (The answer is in labordayk's post.)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:11 AM

i found my way out from under a rock

jerry west

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:15 AM

Greg wins the Kewpie Doll!!  :-D

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 7:54 AM

YankeeJim:
    Greg wins the Kewpie Doll!!

TY Jim

i will hold it , and hug it, and feed it, and bathe it

then ill take a 1/2 lbs of C4 and see how far it goes

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 3:23 PM

YankeeJim:

labordayk:

Don't forget the guy that could defy gravity in the key-Elgin Baylor.  :-)

Trivia question........Who is the model for the silhouette on the NBA logo? (The answer is in labordayk's post.)

Unfortunately, Baylor wasn't there for the 72 and 73 championship series against the Knicks.

"Baylor finally retired nine games into the 1971-72 season because of his nagging knee problems. The timing of his retirement could not have been worse as this caused him to coincidentally miss two great achievements. First, the Lakers' next game after his retirement was the first of an NBA record of 33 consecutive wins.[5] Second, the Lakers went on to win the NBA Championship that season, something that Baylor never achieved."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elgin_Baylor

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:39 PM

KEHYLAR:
    They said that two super star guards , "The Pearl & "Clyde", couldn't play together. How wrong they were!

Best two guards perhaps?.............Isaiah/"Scoop", Joe/"Jordon rules" and Vinnie/"Microwave" would have to considered best three guard rotation ever!    IMHO  

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:57 PM

Buggyyy:

Are you kidding me? Who can match up with them? They now have an MVP point guard, a stat-stuffing freak athlete as a center, and KOBE BRYANT!

I  do understand where you're coming from though. Still, they're the team to beat in the Western Conference.

Yes they will be favorites to win it all........wouldn't surprise me Lakers go 82-0! Especially when the Ref's "will" call every ticky-tack foul's on opposing teams Big's, just getting within shot blocking range of Dwight, just as they do Kobe!

Anyway's, Good luck Lakers and their FAN'S...') 

• KEHYLAR
    551 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 8:17 AM

Dwight Howard will make The Lakers better but not nearly invincible. LeBron, Dewayne and Bosch are all at or near their primes. Kobe is a year older.

It might become time to revive the old "Hack-a-Shaq" and call it the "Hack-a-Howie". His free throw percentage is below 60%. He has a temper, too. He might become prone to foul trouble.

Further, a young Kobe couldn't deal with having Shaq on the same team. Will he and Howard be able to play on the same team?

I'm not saying The Lakers wont be a great team with Dwight at Center. They might go all the way and win The NBA Championship. It will be interesting to watch.

I live near Houston, Texas. We just got Jeromy Linn. Big deal! Maybe he will open a Chinese Restaurant near Yao Ming's Chinese Restaurant.

LAURA

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 12:05 PM

KEHYLAR:
    I live near Houston, Texas. We just got Jeromy Linn. Big deal! Maybe he will open a Chinese Restaurant near Yao Ming's Chinese Restaurant.

LOL.There's a guy that capitalized on his 15 minutes of fame. NY had to give him a shot and he went on a tear that turned heads. NY was silly with the "Linsanity" and of course it faded away. Not for him, though. You get to overpay him now.  :-)

RSS