Help › Forums

Maxthon3

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 11 2012 8:56 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 9:38 PM

I see a few people claiming Maxthon3 is awesome and stuff so I did some homework...

Here are some links you may want to read before running off and using a lesser named browser with lesser security and such. I remember in the early 90's new Browsers were being introduced but with them came many many problems and its still the same today....

http://www.cleanallspyware.com/?t202id=814788&t202kw=Maxthon%20Browser

http://forum.maxthon.com/viewthread.php?tid=78857&extra=page%3D1

I have not tested it myself which I will because personally I doubt very much that it has spyware or malware but I am always weary when trying new stuff.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2012 10:59 PM

Installed MAX and scanned with 3 different spyware/malware softwares. No spyware or malware thank goodness.

Then I tried playing a round at Kiawah all 18 Tourney greens in a CC tourney. Sitting in first place right now ahead of TM's and Legends with a scorching 63 (-9) Best round I have ever had on a par 72 course. I once shot a 63 but on BB a par 70 course I believe.

I AM SOLD ON MAX. Thank you to the people who made this browser known to me. Game seems more vibrant (little Darker) not too mention a smooth meter up and down the scale. The putts seems to be smoother and easier to read greens even at low graphic settings.

The video is more crisp at low settings as well. Game loading was wayyyyyyy faster even with the ads.

I am speechless and impressed! Ok maybe not speechless but still.

2 thumbs up and 3 snaps in Z formation!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:10 AM

About Maxthon display in game being a little darker...The damn thing has a night and day display woohooo that is totally awesome. I disabled that option BTW :) 

And to make sure it was not a fluke I shot a 31 on Back 9 of Kiawah with tourney greens and AVG putt was 1.33 . .55 better then my AVG. That is where this browser is helping me most over Chrome , FF and IE. Not too mention the load times in between holes and few other perks. Again I think it was TBE ..Thank you for the heads up on this Browser. 

TM here I come :) 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:30 AM

i've also been able to post more consistent low scores with Maxthon .. hope this browser remains problem free with Flash .. then again i'm still on Flash 10.3 & control Flash updates myself .. awesome browser for gameplay so far ..

good luck with reaching TM soon ..

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:41 PM

Wont be soon but Thank You. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:21 PM

pjctas0822:

About Maxthon display in game being a little darker...The damn thing has a night and day display woohooo that is totally awesome. I disabled that option BTW :) 

And to make sure it was not a fluke I shot a 31 on Back 9 of Kiawah with tourney greens and AVG putt was 1.33 . .55 better then my AVG. That is where this browser is helping me most over Chrome , FF and IE. Not too mention the load times in between holes and few other perks. Again I think it was TBE ..Thank you for the heads up on this Browser. 

TM here I come :) 

Been fooling with Max3 for several days now, haven't seen any day/night control yet.  Hate to ask, but where might I find it?  Your nickle.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:11 PM

Hate to answer but upper right hand corner . The Icon shaped like a moon. Or use the pull down arrow from that same corner and choose custom config you may find it there.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:58 PM

Just tried using Maxthon and it does seem a little smoother than Chrome.  Defitely gonna give it a run.  Thanks to PJ for passing on the info.

:-)

• barbarella24
    513 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 12:01 AM

After reading this post I thought I would try Maxthon, just hit my best ever round! Not even a slight meter stutter through the whole round. Thx for the thread pj

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 1:26 AM

Hate to answer but you did.....lol

I have Chrome working again, after reading the post from others and I thank them for it.

Just one thing though...   I have 3 browsers that I use for different things...  Where does it stop, we can have 100 browsers and still we can have problems...

Just saying

Roger

• PAGES
RSS