Help › Forums

New Tour Master

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:07 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • inertia
    27 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:02 AM

Hi all, I''ve just made TM and have a couple questions for those of you that may have answers:)

1. (the serious question) I will shortly be able to purchase the level 88 r11 driver, I now have the r9, because I find myself teeing off from a lot further back, does the r11 offer any substantial gains distance wise compared to my r9?

2. ( the less serious question) How the hell do you get used to the speed of those greens????? :)

thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

• nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:33 AM

Tournament green speed: Dividing the effective distance of the putt by 1.35 works for me.  "Effective distance" is accounting for the elevation. 

So a 20' putt that goes 3" downhill would be 17/1.35 = 12.6' putt.

The usual caveats apply: a severely downhill slope, hit it less than the number you come up with, severely uphill, a little more.  Inside of 10' hit it a little harder, inside of 3' muscle the damn thing in.

But getting the distance right is relatively easy. Reading the break is the more challenging. I think that just comes with experience.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:20 AM

Driver / woods / irons:

Besides the nominal length, the trajectory is important. From Master tees and of course even more from Legend tees, a high trajectory is necessary to get onto the greens from a distance with short roll / quick stop. A good or top ball will support this target.

Compare the specs in the pro shop!

• SinkitTaylorIII
    20 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:19 PM

Having just made Tour Master myself on my last round, i have a question, although a bit more general:

My average is now gonna reset to my next score, and will go through the long torturous process of my average going up and down as i play rounds, like any tier change. But as I understand, to reach Legend, your average needs to be 61and you have to play a certain amount of ranked rounds. If i play my next ranked round on an easy back or front 9 say, and i scored a 30 for example, that would make my average after one round on TM tier 60. Does that mean i have now fulfilled the Legend requirement of having an average under 61, and all i need to do is play the required ranked rounds to reach Legend? Or does my average have to be 61 or better at the point i complete the number of ranked rounds?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:44 PM

inertia:
    1. (the serious question) I will shortly be able to purchase the level 88 r11 driver, I now have the r9, because I find myself teeing off from a lot further back, does the r11 offer any substantial gains distance wise compared to my r9?
    I just bought R11 myself..but it is now back in equipment.(losing me 2/3 shots a round, which,I can ill afford playing comps everyday).gone back to Roketballz no forgiveness on R11 & only 5 yrds gain..might bring it back out & give it a bit more time if I get to Legend tier..(will probably be L94 by then & get R11s,pity I can't give you mine)  .Well done anyway Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:45 PM

inertia:
    2. ( the less serious question) How the hell do you get used to the speed of those greens????? :)

25-30% less power will get you close. The rest you figure out by practicing. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:47 PM

SinkitTaylorIII:

If i play my next ranked round on an easy back or front 9 say, and i scored a 30 for example, that would make my average after one round on TM tier 60. Does that mean i have now fulfilled the Legend requirement of having an average under 61, and all i need to do is play the required ranked rounds to reach Legend? Or does my average have to be 61 or better at the point i complete the number of ranked rounds?

The latter :)

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 12:50 PM

inertia:

Hi all, I''ve just made TM and have a couple questions for those of you that may have answers:)

thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

Congrats! Now you can help me. LOL!

SinkitTaylorIII:

Having just made Tour Master myself on my last round, i have a question, although a bit more general:

My average is now gonna reset to my next score, and will go through the long torturous process of my average going up and down as i play rounds, like any tier change. But as I understand, to reach Legend, your average needs to be 61and you have to play a certain amount of ranked rounds. If i play my next ranked round on an easy back or front 9 say, and i scored a 30 for example, that would make my average after one round on TM tier 60. Does that mean i have now fulfilled the Legend requirement of having an average under 61, and all i need to do is play the required ranked rounds to reach Legend? Or does my average have to be 61 or better at the point i complete the number of ranked rounds?

Well from my experience from other tier changes, you can just play normal until those rounds are used up no matter how bad you play, because once those rounds are done it automatically just lowers the average even if you do bad rounds afterwards.

I mean it won't go up if you do bad rounds, but will lower with low scores. So you won't have to count rounds once you got them done.

Like all other rounds you have to keep the average lower than required for next tier all the way up to when you ranked round limit is done. So if requirement for legend is lower than 61 average, then you have to do all rounds required and be under 61 average to get legend tier.

amateur 90

pro 80

tour pro 70

master 67

tour master 63

legend 61

tour legend lower than 60 after 400 legend rounds and plus new 100 ranked rounds

Could be wrong on couple of those.

• inertia
    27 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 1:26 AM

Thanks all who replied, advice taken and will be put into action. See you all in game.

• SinkitTaylorIII
    20 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 3:02 AM

Thanks also to those who replied to my question! :

• PAGES
RSS