Forums

Help › Forums

coming up for 400 ranked rounds.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:13 AM (20 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:38 AM

TY VM   piztaker  ,  i need  12 to 15    stroke play  i think :)  T LEGEND,  Well thats another thing all together ... i may be to hold by then  LOL  TY   again

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:12 PM

Bump

Just done the 500.

A question here if anyone can answer, a while ago some research was done in to how it is always the same players doing well in big competitions, and I remember the stat that most if not of these top players had a much higher % of 18 hole rounds than 9 holers.

How do I find that stat ?  1584 rounds but how many of them are 18 or 9.

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:21 PM

You could always go to your "awards" tab and see how many of each you've played. While this does not differentiate ranked from non-ranked play, it could give you a rough estimate either way, if you only play ranked games like me, it would be an exact number.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:48 PM

frappefort:

TY VM   piztaker  ,  i need  12 to 15    stroke play  i think :)  T LEGEND,  Well thats another thing all together ... i may be to hold by then  LOL  TY   again

Up date  ,i also reached the famous 500 :)  My avarage is going dawn slowly :) Frapp       .......  

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:30 AM

(numbers of 9 hole and 18 hole rounds?)

SevenDeuce:
    You could always go to your "awards" tab and see how many of each you've played. While this does not differentiate ranked from non-ranked play, it could give you a rough estimate either way, if you only play ranked games like me, it would be an exact number.
    Minor correction: It shows only the ranked rounds. Practice rounds do not appear in the stats or in the awards.

Furtheron, 9 and 18 hole rounds count the same towards the average, 9 hole scores being doubled.

OTOH, only 18 hole rounds count towards the course awards like "Bethpage Rage".

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:49 AM

alosso:

(numbers of 9 hole and 18 hole rounds?)

SevenDeuce:
    Minor correction: It shows only the ranked rounds. Practice rounds do not appear in the stats or in the awards.

Well there's the "Round and Round" award, which only shows ranked, but then there's the "Long Haul" and "Short Haul" awards, which state to show any mode of play which uses a driving and putting format, which was the two awards I was referring to, unless they contradict the description and only record ranked. Then this whole reply is completely unnecessary on my part and I apologize. Lol

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:17 AM

SevenDeuce:

Well there's the "Round and Round" award, which only shows ranked, but then there's the "Long Haul" and "Short Haul" awards, which state to show any mode of play which uses a driving and putting format, which was the two awards I was referring to, unless they contradict the description and only record ranked. Then this whole reply is completely unnecessary on my part and I apologize. Lol

Good point, though it was my firm belief that practice rounds do not count. Positive knowledge comes from there ("Awards") ==>
    You can win awards in the game based on how well you perform in Ranked and Tournament rounds as well as closest-to-the-hole challenges. You must complete the round you are playing in order to keep the awards you win. Awards won during a practice round will not be saved in your Profile.
    Thus, "any mode" is misleading: Long Haul and Short Haul do not cover A/S and matches either.

Edit: Proof: Long Haul and Short Haul numbers added = Round&Round = ranked rounds stats.

Hit it str8 m8!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:43 AM

Very helpful guys.

Now I have at least one year of not giving a stuff about my average, in a way I think I will play better because of that.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:58 AM

I'm curious:

How do you know "one year" (apparently b4 coming close to TL(?))

What's the point about 9 and 18 hole games, and which relation has this to the average?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:05 AM

I will not get down to 60 average in less than a year.

My OP said the stat regarding 9 and 18 hole rounds was to explain why the same guys are always at the top of the big competition  leaderboards. Of course it is not the only reason, but just a factor in their good performances.

RSS