Putting???

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:43 PM (4 replies)
  • JasonLobe
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 9:51 AM

Hello everyone,

My first post.

I have been playing around with this game a bit lately, after joining and playing for a few months last year.  I now remember the reason I stopped, putting.

I have played golf games on consols for years, XBox Playstation, etc. and I am VERY used to the mechanics of putting on video and computer games.  I am baffled however on why when I have a 20ft put, with no break and no incline/decline, and after I hit the put approximately 2/3 of the 30ft meter....the put goes wildly to one side and goes 50ft!  Is this an issue with equipment?  Is it because I am still at the amateur level and the computer just decides to miss-hit the shot for me?

It's very frustrating and worthy of not continuing what seems to be a very interesting and fun game.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

cheers,

J

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:01 AM

If you change to the other putter that is in your equipment, you'll find things a lot better.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 10:19 AM

Jason..

Your putting depends a lot on your equipment, the ability to hit the DING.. The speed of the green you are putting on, and also the scale you are using. each of those can be changed. I see you are using the EZswing putter, which is CRAP.... Go and edit your equipment and grab the other putter you have there and drag it to your bag...I mean, you have to scroll to select the items and drag them to the IN MY BAG section where it says OPTIONAL and REQUIRED CLUBS. Move through the tabs where it says DRIVER, IRONS, WEDGES, PUTTER and balls. You probably haven't bought any items yet so you will see basic equipment only(which is not so good, of course). To cahnge your equipment click on MY EQUIPMENT in the game client(where you play) when you are not playing. After you do any changes you need to SAVE them. After that you will have the new clubs selected in your bag. You can also drag the arrow that marks the hole to compensate for the break.. just grab and drag..... other changes can be made but those are basic.

Another thing.... putters have scales so make sure you have the right one selected and check the lie.... When you are putting you will see something that says, STANDARD, SLOW, FAST, VERY FAST, TOURNAMENT.. that is the speed of the green, so you will need to take that into account too. The free putters will have a slower meter but less forgiveness. On MENU- GAME SETTINGS, you can make  other ADJUSTMENTS too. Good luck up the hill...

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:06 PM

Try this thread;

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/89159/687165.aspx#687165

I found it very helpful and it certainly lowered my putting average.

Cheers

Luke

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:43 PM

I was very discouraged as well when I first started playing this game. Like any game ...the more you play the better you get and equipment in this sim does play a large role . Keep at it.

RSS