Forums

Help › Forums

The level 84 Ghost Spider putter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:26 AM (7 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 2:41 AM

This will be my putter tomorrow. I am an off-ding style putter, hardly ever move the aim marker, so I am hoping that will work with this one. Anyone have advice on how best to use this thing is welcome.

• tramilleo
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 3:02 AM

i would get one of the other ghost putters,bad reviews about this one get the level 66 ghost much better and slower meter than this level 84 one

weylon

• mobrienjr
    240 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 3:44 AM

John,

If your an off-ding putter, stick with what you know.  The added forgiveness over the putter that you have will make your putts break quicker/sooner than you are expecting

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 4:30 AM

Wait a second... I have tried em both..  and if you can wait , I think you will be happier with the Level 92 Ghost Spyder putter.  I got this one before the level 84 putter came out and am happy as a pig in mud.  It has made me a better WGT golfer.  I tried the Level 84 putter during one of those free rental periods and conclude the the one I own is superior.  I am NOT an off ding player so I cannot offer any insight into that. Good luck with whatever you choose.  

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:31 AM

I've gone with the Nike.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:37 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    I am an off-ding style putter, hardly ever move the aim marker, so I am hoping that will work with this one.

Absolutely not. Don't even waste your time. That putter and the 92 version are ding putters and you will frustrate the daylights out of yourself. The amount you miss by now will at least be doubled, trying to do it with the Ghosts, and that really kills the accuracy.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:00 AM

YankeeJim:

oneeyedjohn:
    I am an off-ding style putter, hardly ever move the aim marker, so I am hoping that will work with this one.

Absolutely not. Don't even waste your time. That putter and the 92 version are ding putters and you will frustrate the daylights out of yourself. The amount you miss by now will at least be doubled, trying to do it with the Ghosts, and that really kills the accuracy.

I have REALLY noticed that YJ, I just got the level 92 and much to my dismay, the dots of forgiveness don't add up to much if you miss the ding with it.  Even on short putts missing the ding will punish the user severely.   Very Ding dependent putter for sure.

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:26 AM

oneeyedjohn:

This will be my putter tomorrow. I am an off-ding style putter, hardly ever move the aim marker, so I am hoping that will work with this one. Anyone have advice on how best to use this thing is welcome.

John, I would have to agree with YJ. I have the level 66 Ghost, and while I am not a complete 'off the ding' putter, I do use that technique on short (inside 7 feet) putts, and have not had any problems with the extra forgiveness causing me to miss a putt. Thus far I have had no issues with the 66 Ghost, it works just as well as my trusty level 19 Spider for my style of putting.

RSS