Help › Forums

Still Cannot Play

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:18 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:20 AM

This is a *** joke now, even tried going back to IE but exactly the same happens.

Is there any Online Ombudsman i can contact to complain?

I want my money back.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:26 AM

Content now after your ranting, or do you have any constructive hints for us which may enable possible help 4 u?

(e.g. failure description, browser brand, Flash version, operating system)

Did you contact your local computer adminstrator?

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:52 AM

I followed the instructions(as well and as far as i'm able) but to no avail.

No joy on Google Chrome or IE

Who is my local computer administrator?

I just want to press "Play" and actually be able to play, the fact that i cannot do so is down to WGT and it should be up to THEM to sort it out, OR give me back the money i've spent on the game as i can no longer play and/or improve anymore.

If this game was completely free then i'd have absolutely no complaint, the fact that i have spent money on a game that no longer works gives me rights to complaint AND a refund as the money spent has been wasted.

WGT have made little effort to help, even an e-mail with an apology and some further instructions on what to try would have been something, but they are not even replying to complaints here on the Forum's.

Wonder if i can sue?

• fairdinkum
    27 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 1:23 AM

I use Mozilla Firefox and the reload to the next hole problem has only started to happen three days ago after updating Adobe Flash Player. The technicians at WGT should be able to fix the issue if they are any good at their job. Since the issue they have not closed the site for maintenance, so does this mean they don't have any fix for the problem??

This is obviously pissing all WGT members off as it is near impossible to finish a round without a Flash Player crash ever hole.

Pull your finger out  WGT and FIX the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 2:09 AM

@Garry:

If you don't know your local admin then it's you - the person responsible for maintenance of that apparatus. You cannot talk yourself ouf of this responsibility - if you lack special knowledge (which is perfectly normal) then you'd have to look for local help.

@FD: Flash crashes in Firefox require a re-installation of an earlier Flash version (10.3....) - local on your computer. Nothing WGT can do there.

@both:

Sorry to say, but it's a wee bit childish to put all the blame on WGT. Updates of third party software on our computers are causing a lot of problems - the "cannot play" and "Flash crashes" complaints are the most popular ones in the moment, caused by Chrome and Flash.

It's up to you to fix it!

Actually, you can contact WGT for help - they promised so in a recent news publication. Look at the start screen (I'm sorry to say that their propositions there concerning Firefox are not solving the problem)

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:09 AM

Its a click and play game and it aint my fault it aint working, simple as that!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 4:15 AM

GarryEdkins:

If your car don't start it's not your fault either but you wouldn't call the authorities responsible for the roads to fix it.

Both your car and your PC are subject to maintenance issues which are in your hand only.

For your convenience, tick one:

[  ] I understand and take action

[  ] I quit WGT

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 4:25 AM

Don't be soft, I've done what they suggested and it still don't work, so is that similar to taking my motor in to get fixed, finding out it still don't work, pay them and thank them for trying???

I am going to quit WGT, i was just going to use up my credits first, can i give them away?

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 4:39 AM

GarryEdkins:

You may consider this a click and play game but it is you that controls the settings & maintenance on your computer right down to the browser that affects how it plays on your computer. There are so many things that affect game play from your video card, internet, virus protection programs, right down to windows settings. All computers need some tweaking to get the best performance for playing games on them and periodically they screw up when there are software changes from other software. Hence the mfgs. even on software you buy have to post fixes and updates for you to fix on your computer. Several here have given you sound advise for solutions, If you don't know how to figure things out on your computer or take advise like 99.9% of everyone else than you need to take it to a professional that does, plain and simple. WGT admins, although a tad late it putting out the info, even has a thread on solutions.  

So guess what.... ranting, moaning demanding a refund etc. is not going to solve your problems. 

Yes you can give them away and good luck to you.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 5:12 AM

+11!

"give credits away": Not directly, but you can gift pro shop items to other players.

• PAGES
RSS