Tour Legend Puzzled ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 15 2012 5:57 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:46 AM

Hey Ok I`m baffled by this ?

I Turned legend at 150 ranked games towards the end of july then i played 9 games as a legend up until the 3rd Aug (159 games)

From the 3rd of August i have now played 263 ranked games that`s 104 ranked games with my avg under 60 ? But still not turning TL ? 

What do you need to get TL ? 

As I Thought it was 100+ ranked at avg below 60 from 3rd Aug ? lol i`m baffled ! 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:54 AM

150 ranked to Legend ? damn, thats fast .. thats the minimum rounds required .. some have suggested i cheat cause i made it in 188 ..

anyway, looks like the question is answered then .. i also had this idea that it'll take a minimum of 100 ranked with avg below 60 to reach TL .. 

so it seems therefore that it'll take 500 ranked rounds .. since it took 400 ranked rounds for an avg to stabilize @ L before the update .. plus the additional 100 ranked after the update .. seems excessive IMO .. but looks to be the case here

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:07 AM

chris5214:

150 ranked to Legend ? damn, thats fast .. thats the minimum rounds required .. some have suggested i cheat cause i made it in 188 ..

anyway, looks like the question is answered then .. i also had this idea that it'll take a minimum of 100 ranked with avg below 60 to reach TL .. 

so it seems therefore that it'll take 500 ranked rounds .. since it took 400 ranked rounds for an avg to stabilize @ L before the update .. plus the additional 100 ranked after the update .. seems excessive IMO .. but looks to be the case here

Yea looks that way imo its too excessive too but would like wgt to clarify this as how you can reach legend so quickly but then just for another tier (thats all it is nothing special imo) you then need that many games as you could reach legend so quickly so why not TL ? in 250 ranked and not 550 as the way its looking thats why i went for it to see if this was the case and as you state chris it does look that way 

The other thing though is does it come into effect when your avg drops below 60 then a 100 ranked rounds below 60 ? 

Answers wgt would be good to exactly how the hell this tier progression works ???

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:21 AM

nat11:

The other thing though is does it come into effect when your avg drops below 60 then a 100 ranked rounds below 60 ? 

Answers wgt would be good to exactly how the hell this tier progression works ???

dunno 'bout that .. haven't considered that possibility .. it would be better IMO, yeah ?

but i have this sneaky feeling we r lookin' at 500 .. bleh

maybe someone else will chime in .. likely this thread will be targeted again by the "cheater-brigade" .. lol

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:24 AM

chris5214:

nat11:

dunno 'bout that .. haven't considered that possibility .. it would be better IMO, yeah ?

but i have this sneaky feeling we r lookin' at 500 .. bleh

maybe someone else will chime in .. likely this thread will be targeted again by the "cheater-brigade" .. lol

let em if they ain`t got nothing constructive to say about about my original question then i don`t give a rats a** lol they wanna learn how to think and click a mouse some of em imo lol but hey ho yea hope someone clarifies HOW IT DOES ACTUALLY WORK ? 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:40 AM

yeah, some clarification would be good .. i'm bustin' my chops gettin' my avg towards 60 for the very same reason ..

yet there are other TL threads where the opinion seems to be that of 500 ranked .. i believe your own rounds seem to verify that .. who knows, maybe another 100 ranked for u .. i wouldn't get my hopes up though ..

all the best

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:21 AM

nat11:
    As I Thought it was 100+ ranked at avg below 60 from 3rd Aug ?

You need those 400 ranked rounds before you start on the 100. 500 would be the number.

Do you post all of your rounds?

*Edit-NM, I just looked at your history.

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 5:49 AM

YankeeJim:

nat11:
    As I Thought it was 100+ ranked at avg below 60 from 3rd Aug ?

You need those 400 ranked rounds before you start on the 100. 500 would be the number.

Do you post all of your rounds?

*Edit-NM, I just looked at your history.

Well if that`s the case it seems pretty pathetic....  don`t get the massive jump from:

150 to 500 just for a different green speed !

250 yea i can undestand (reasonable) if you did it in the minimum 150 legend then another 100 more keeping your avg under 60 but 500 wtf ! 

Back to alt and fun i go then lol Blow pushing all them rounds through no point imo 

Save a few quid on balls lol 

oh well lol 

thank you 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:47 AM

I took a look at your scoring history nat. Based on your ability, it makes no sense at all to have to play that many rounds to reach TL. Well done on the rapid rise to Legend. Maybe WGT should look into a system, whereas a Legend plays a Tour Legend in tourneys. After you win a certain amount of matches vs a TL, you are promoted to a TL. Seems to work in the PGA. Your wins and prize money determines who is number 1 in the world. You wouldn't have to worry about a TL letting you win to move up. If the TL loses a certain amount of tournaments he or she would move down in the rankings. Possibly even lose their TL status and have to earn it again. This will never apply to me, I will probably be dead before I ever get 400 games in as a Legend. Just throwing out an idea. Again, well done on your short journey to Legend.

Renni

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 1:22 PM

What are you whingeing about having to do 400 rounds, everybody else has to, don't matter one iota how quickly you got to legend, the rules are you need another 500 for the next tier.

Just get on with it. I did over 300 ranked rounds during the Olympics, easy peasy.

• PAGES
RSS