Help › Forums

quiting games

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 13 2010 3:59 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 10:35 AM

isn't there someway that WGT could penilize players for quiting a game and freezing up game

• ezmoney62
    21 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 10:55 AM

Go to ladders, doesnt happen very often.

www.wgtls.co.uk

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 11:25 AM

WGT is working on changes to address this, but there is no better way than to play with those proven to be non-quitters.

Ladders site listed above and Golfseeker  (found here) are the two main sites outside of WGT that promote this. Great communities on both, and great tournaments setups, etc.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 11:28 AM

Fubar057:
    isn't there someway that WGT could penilize players for quiting a game and freezing up game
    ezmoney62:
    Go to ladders, doesnt happen very often.

www.wgtls.co.uk  

Or GolfSeekers at golfseeker.co.uk.

The only way that you're going to be able to avoid most quitters, Fubar, is to stop playing random pickup games.  Play with friends, or people with a common purpose such as the two sites listed above.

Quitting is going to happen and there is nothing that we can do about it except choose our partners a bit more wisely.

Besides, nothing fills up your friends list faster than these two groups... you might even have fun competing!

Peace.

(Argh.. ninja'd by VHL!  Curse you!  lol)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 11:46 AM

Stealthy......... 

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 1:01 PM

This is an on going problem with no apperent solution.  However, I have tallked to some masters about starting a country club for people who don't quit at all.  I would be glad to make one if I knew people were intrested.  So besides the ladder site, that's the only solution I can come up with.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 1:24 PM

KingOfTheCourse:

This is an on going problem with no apperent solution.  However, I have tallked to some masters about starting a country club for people who don't quit at all.  I would be glad to make one if I knew people were intrested.  So besides the ladder site, that's the only solution I can come up with.

I joined a random game with 2 others today. The game host has this post on his profile...

.......hmmm, will they , will they not? STAY THE FRKIN ROUND LOL!!!!!!!!

And he challenged the other 2 in the game to play 9 or leave.

He quit on the 4th hole after a bogey. Too funny.

(Said his charter flight to Monaco was leaving early)

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 1:25 PM

Here is a suggestion to WGT.  Because of all the more than normal disconnections (which are no doubt infuriating to all)  Especially in non WGT organised comps, where participants are required to save scorecards. It is especially frustrating when a disconnect happens say on the 17th or 18th hole. This would mean the participant/s would have to replay the entire back nine to save the card  for the 17th or 18th.  I know there is an option for a random 3.  How about an option to select ANY hole choice of  ONE or MORE holes. in practice modes. This would enable the user to restart on the holes that were missing from disconnection.

Also how about a small button on the scorecard itself or in the menu options  to "save scorecard" and give the user the option to download the card onto his/her desktop. This would replace the need for PRT SCRN  etc

Worth looking into WGT?

PS. We don't quit at GOLFSEEKER  either    Why? because all comps are based on handicaps, giving everyone a fair and equal chance (please not there is no "s"  in the url of  http://golfseeker.co.uk

Keep Smiling & Happy Golfin'

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 1:55 PM

Crazyman2:
    (please not there is no "s"  in the url of  http://golfseeker.co.uk

Thank you, duly noted and edited post above.

http://golfseeker.co.uk and www.wgtls.co.uk...  Quitters need not apply.

Peace.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 2:02 PM

AlaCowboy:

KingOfTheCourse:

I joined a random game with 2 others today. The game host has this post on his profile...

.......hmmm, will they , will they not? STAY THE FRKIN ROUND LOL!!!!!!!!

And he challenged the other 2 in the game to play 9 or leave.

He quit on the 4th hole after a bogey. Too funny.

(Said his charter flight to Monaco was leaving early)

The Excuses keep getting better and better

• PAGES
RSS