Forums

Help › Forums

Hope I didn't wake you.

Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:38 PM (21 replies)
  • hunter818
    50 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:27 AM

I assume that this is where I announce my presence.

Kinda awkward for me, but I'll play along.

My name is Hunter.

My place is Port Elizabeth S.A.

My age is younger than you, older than my cat.

I love water and sky.

A lot.

I am a professional student with a year off.

I am odder than most, but that just makes me infinitely interesting.

You may not like me, but don't forget to fall in love with me, be nice to me.

You can play golf better than me, but I can fence better than you, foil or epee. Though honestly, I can be beaten in sabre.

I refuse to be beaten by the fact that I cannot play golf, so I will see my successes vicariously in this computer game.

Probably said way too much, but hey, now you're awake!

Totsiens.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 3:41 PM

Welcome. The Sabre will come in handy on the Olympic course.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2012 4:02 PM

Welcome to WGT  ,    if you realy like this game  and you have the patience  to  , not let this game frustrate you to much .........   well   practice and practice some more ,  take the time to read the FAQs    ----------------------  under Getting Started ........  this will help you verry much               hope  to see you on line on a regular basis ....then i would love to have a  game with YOU  Miss    hunter          Frappefort (Montreal)      

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 5:17 PM

hey Hunter ..

welcome .. geniet dit

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 6:26 PM

hunter818:

I assume that this is where I announce my presence.

Kinda awkward for me, but I'll play along.

My name is Hunter.

My place is Port Elizabeth S.A.

My age is younger than you, older than my cat.

I love water and sky.

A lot.

I am a professional student with a year off.

I am odder than most, but that just makes me infinitely interesting.

You may not like me, but don't forget to fall in love with me, be nice to me.

You can play golf better than me, but I can fence better than you, foil or epee. Though honestly, I can be beaten in sabre.

I refuse to be beaten by the fact that I cannot play golf, so I will see my successes vicariously in this computer game.

Probably said way too much, but hey, now you're awake!

Totsiens.

Interesting introduction. Welcome to the third, or possibly fourth (am still not sure) circle of hell... erm, sorry, I mean welcome to the world of WGT. As an earlier reply said, don't allow yourself to be frustrated by your lack of early success, practice, practice and practice some more and read the FAQ's and forums for advice. Best of luck to you, and I will be happy to play a round or two with you if you want to.

• PinkPanther88
    6 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:01 PM

welcome

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:20 PM

Welcome to the wonderful WGT online golfing community!

You will find it a pleasure on here, as long as you have, like other posts before me said, the patience to grasp the concept of the game.      I can honestly, this game has kicked my butt sideways, but i have kicked its butt sideways.    Found I meet a lot of interesting people and that are fun to play the game with.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and just remember, with any game, it gets eaiser!!  (well, sort of, but yes easier)  Look me up anytime for a game, we could link up and play a round or two or more.  I dont mind sharing my thoughts on the "how to" of the game either.

Hope you enjoy the fun times at WGT

Welcome Aboard

drewster

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:39 PM

Alpaca suitcase and be there as soon as I finish writing my last wool and testament.  Maybe instead of a suitcase I should just get a grip.

Welcome and enjoy!

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:39 PM

Hey Hunter...if you stick with the game and all the problems you will be rewarded...WELCOME ABOARD!!

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:54 PM

hunter818:

You may not like me, but don't forget to fall in love with me, be nice to me, gift me free stuff from pro shop.

RSS