Forums

Help › Forums

Thoughts

Sat, May 15 2010 8:10 PM (7 replies)
  • BurketheDad
    12 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 6:23 AM

Just a couple of thoughts that came to me today while I was hitting something like a 100 on Kiawah.

1. I don't know why they call 4 par. seems to me it's more of a par 8

2. My swing is more of a hazard then the water

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 8:32 AM

Burke, you've only been here three days and have 8 ranked rounds. Give it time my friend. Your game will come around. Everyone has a rocky start at the beginning. Better play comes with better equipment and experience. I see you upgraded your ball. Upgrade your driver next and you should see your scores improve.  

The most important thing is, have fun.  : )

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 9:14 AM

3 Days? Heck I was still trying to figure out just how to swing the club at that time. I didn`t know what the swing meter was, anything about distance, and the putting was a real pain. Have a lil patience, and practice practice, and read all the tips in the forums.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 9:20 AM

Whogolf:

3 Days? Heck I was still trying to figure out just how to swing the club at that time. I didn`t know what the swing meter was, anything about distance, and the putting was a real pain. Have a lil patience, and practice practice, and read all the tips in the forums.

For the first few days I kept moving that stupid blue triangle off the green so it wouldn't interfere with my shot!! LOL

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 6:49 PM

You'll get better over time and eventually you'll know every course down to the bugs that crawl on it. 

Steps for you to do: 

1. Play many Ranked Rounds and get your average down naturally (without quitting bad games).
    2. Learn the courses. Know how each hole acts... whether to "go for it" or lay up, how much you need to let up to make up for elevation changes, how fast each green speed interacts, etc.
    3. When you rank up to Pro tier, purchase a new Driver and, if possible, a new, more forgiving putter. These will drastically improve your game.
    4. Use Step 2 to reach the Master tier, then buy a full set of new clubs (if you have the credits/money). 
    5. Win tournaments! 

Good luck man, give this great game some time. :)

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 7:26 PM

For the first few days I kept moving that stupid blue triangle off the green so it wouldn't interfere with my shot!! LOL

AlaCowboy this is great, LMAO, the whole time wondering why can't I hit it straight.  I am pulling and pushing big time for some reason.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 7:38 PM

good thing he wasnt around last year for the US Open BPB Black tees

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 8:10 PM

This game is all about what you put into it... just give it some time, you'll get it! =)

RSS