Forums

Help › Forums

So I tried to break a window...

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 23 2012 9:52 AM (9 replies)
  • nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 6:46 PM

Royal St George's. 16th hole. Damn people on their balconies, I'll fix their wagon.

So I hit 3 shots out of bounds before I remember that loses your ball.

I'm an idiot.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2012 6:11 AM

u were just messin' around i presume .. & then realised "oops" ?

lol .. that's too funny .. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Aug 19 2012 7:32 PM

I prefer to hit at the St Andrews clubhouse or the hotel thing next to the 17th fairway.. Ofcourse I use the free balls when I'm in that mood.. ;-)

• nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 7:22 AM

Don't know why that didn't occur to me (use the free balls) . So I just tried again, out of curiosity.

What happens is that the ball sails through the window as if the building isn't there. No satisfying sound of shattering glass. Same thing if you hit the building, the ball just goes through the wall as if it's not there, and disappears. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 7:54 AM

nyctc7:

Don't know why that didn't occur to me (use the free balls) . So I just tried again, out of curiosity.

What happens is that the ball sails through the window as if the building isn't there. No satisfying sound of shattering glass. Same thing if you hit the building, the ball just goes through the wall as if it's not there, and disappears. 

In my mind I hear the glass breaking.  lol

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:54 PM

i once on a bad golfing day ,  i was on the 18 hole  in St-Andrews , or could have been some other 18  ,  i looked up ,  top of building at a window i saw  someone mooning me ,i took my driver out   i had maybee  100yrds left ,  but  i went for the mooner,   i think i got him where the sun dont shine  cause the game said lost ball ,,,so there no way i am going to go to the mooner and get my ball back       ....   have a smile all

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:43 PM

frappefort:

i once on a bad golfing day ,  i was on the 18 hole  in St-Andrews , or could have been some other 18  ,  i looked up ,  top of building at a window i saw  someone mooning me ,i took my driver out   i had maybee  100yrds left ,  but  i went for the mooner,   i think i got him where the sun dont shine  cause the game said lost ball ,,,so there no way i am going to go to the mooner and get my ball back       ....   have a smile all

lol .. brilliant

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:52 PM

chris5214:

frappefort:

lol .. brilliant

Bwhuuhahahahahahahahaha

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2012 2:17 PM

nyctc7:

Royal St George's. 16th hole. Damn people on their balconies, I'll fix their wagon.

So I hit 3 shots out of bounds before I remember that loses your ball.

I'm an idiot.

lol

It's likely worse that I will try the same thing, and even with your warning, I will still forget to use the free balls.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 9:52 AM

i have reed  what i wrote the other day under the influence of .........beers    ,  i just   crack myself up ..........    no more soup  and candles for me LOL

RSS