Forums

Help › Forums

Chipping and pitching

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 21 2012 10:14 AM (2 replies)
  • PaynertheDrainer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 3:07 AM

Will somebody please answer me truthfully, and not say they can't understand why I have problems chipping and pitching. It is almost ridiculous the way this game does chipping and pitching. I know what all the tutorials say, so I know how to play them by the book. I am also a lifetime golfer, so I know what should work. But so many times I get a good round ruined by several chips or pitches. The bottom line is I am 15 yrds. off the green, and I select pitch, and then I swing the proper amount and hit the bar at "excellent", and then I get a chunk and my ball goes 3 yrds. Same with the chip. Please don't say I have the wrong club, or I'm missing the bar by too much, it's not close to true. I have been playing for a year, so I'm not new. I have no trouble with sand shots, so what is the deal? Somebody please help.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 8:44 AM

hi

please read this guide as it should help you. key is always try to hit full club as possible, so if you have 15 yards, then using 35 yard pitch and hitting at 40% is not the way (for example).

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 10:14 AM

PaynertheDrainer:
    The bottom line is I am 15 yrds. off the green, and I select pitch, and then I swing the proper amount and hit the bar at "excellent", and then I get a chunk and my ball goes 3 yrds.

Until you get to the higher end clubs, hitting this shot less than 70% or so is an automatic duff. Same with the chip.The clubs are not linear meaning 50% of a swing doesn't get you 50% of the yardage. 

Icon wrote that guide he referred you to-trust it.  :-)

RSS