Forums

Help › Forums

CPU Usage

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:23 AM (9 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:51 AM

Since using Maxthon (which has a cpu meter at the bottom), i have noticed that when my cpu usage is low my meter is much smoother with less skips. Is there anything that I can do to keep my cpu usage down on my computer?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:05 AM

The two easiest things you can do are

- Close all browser windows except the game window.

- Pull the WGT meter back, then pause 3 or 4 seconds to allow your CPU to settle down, then release your swing.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:14 AM

andyson:

- Pull the WGT meter back, then pause 3 or 4 seconds to allow your CPU to settle down, then release your swing.

I do something similar, but in a different order.  Before I pull the meter back, I swirl the cursor around after it turns into the "swing bar."  I can watch it stutter while I am moving it, and can pull the meter back when it smooths out.

Hmmmm......I wonder if that isn't a big chunk of everyone's meter problems......not waiting a couple of seconds before swinging?

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:20 AM

Just google Game Booster ...

It will shut down all unneeded processes, while your playing the game, after just switch it off. Works well for computers that are close to the min. req. or just loaded with crap.

The game only browser along with game booster would probably solve 85% of all meter problems here.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:20 AM

Thank you guys. I was just wondering if there are some thing running in the back ground that need removing. I am not a computer guru but the cpu usage seem to be a key to a smooth meter for me. Thanks andyson and chop.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:32 AM

Don't forget all the time you are holding the swing meter back,  The gate is closing

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:45 AM

Choppography:
    Hmmmm......I wonder if that isn't a big chunk of everyone's meter problems......not waiting a couple of seconds before swinging?

Without a doubt. If I get busted by a meter hesitation I don't catch it's because of me playing too fast 99% of the time. That's exactly what Andyson's pause eliminates.

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:46 AM

Russ

Can you explain that? Are you saying there is a certain time limit and that it will affect the accuracy of a shot?

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:55 AM

The time to get the gate to completely close (cpu settle down) seems to be between 5 and 8 seconds. The cpu meter will go from 35 to 50 percent to 2 to 6 percent in this time. This has created a much smoother meter for me. It takes longer to play a round but in toruneys it is worth waiting.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:23 AM

russellie:

Don't forget all the time you are holding the swing meter back,  The gate is closing

The 'gate' begins to close at about 5 seconds so not an issue pausing 3-4 seconds.

RSS