Forums

Help › Forums

New Computer, Resolution...etc

Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:39 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 10:52 AM

I just got a new laptop with a better processor, more HD space, more RAM..etc The old computer was a 17 inch screen and the new one is 15.6 The old laptop had a resolution of 1440x900 and the new one has 1366x768.

The new computer has a brighter and more colorful screen, but I can't see the pin anymore on most shots from the standard view. This is important to me for lining up my shots for wind variation. I lined up the edge of the box with the flag as a reference. Do I need to come up with a new way to estimate wind with the closeup view now due to the lower resolution?

Also, there also appears to be a slight delay when the meter stops compared to my old computer. Do I need to adjust for that now or is there a way to make any adjustments to have the meter stop faster when I hit the laptop mouse button? My meter is smooth as silk but I don't like the slight delay. 

I would consider installing better resolution if I can and if it would help. I would even consider taking the new one back and getting a better one to making my gaming experience better. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:05 AM

Did you try messing with your in game game settings?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:20 AM

Are you using a mouse?

• Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:27 AM

piztaker:

Are you using a mouse?

sounds like he using touch pad, buy a mouse wired they have no delay

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:06 PM

Buckeye8084:

Also, there also appears to be a slight delay when the meter stops compared to my old computer.

Chrome browser? => disable all but one Flash version.

Plenty of advice here.

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:13 PM

thanks everyone. I was used to having flash at medium on the old computer.Someone told me to put it on that setting long ago so I did. I moved it up to best and I can once again see the flag for longer shots.

As for the slight delay I don't even know if it is one. I think I'm just used to a larger screen. It may just take a little time getting used to it like when you get new equipment.

I would be interested in hearing some information on wired mouse usage. I have always used a touch pad and thought it would be easier to ding shots with it instead. 

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:38 PM

Buckeye8084:
    I would be interested in hearing some information on wired mouse usage. I have always used a touch pad and thought it would be easier to ding shots with it instead

Hey Buckeye. I had a laptop for years playing this game, using only the touch pad. Being left handed I would use my right finger to use on the touchpad, and use my left finger to ding. Worked out great until I spilled a tea on the laptop and fried it.

Now I am on a pc and using a wired mouse. Took a bit to get used to using the mouse, but I feel that it is much easier now than using the touchpad. I would suggest getting a wired mouse with USB port and trying it out for a bit. Might be a bit more precise on the ding reaction time.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:57 PM

ljbast:

Buckeye8084:
    I would be interested in hearing some information on wired mouse usage. I have always used a touch pad and thought it would be easier to ding shots with it instead

Hey Buckeye. I had a laptop for years playing this game, using only the touch pad. Being left handed I would use my right finger to use on the touchpad, and use my left finger to ding. Worked out great until I spilled a tea on the laptop and fried it.

Now I am on a pc and using a wired mouse. Took a bit to get used to using the mouse, but I feel that it is much easier now than using the touchpad. I would suggest getting a wired mouse with USB port and trying it out for a bit. Might be a bit more precise on the ding reaction time.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

Very helpful. Thanks. I'm left handed too. I have used my left pointer finger for the touch pad to set the power and then use both thumbs at the same time for the button to ding it. It has worked out great, but I'll definitely get a wired mouse and give it a shot. 

Thanks

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:59 PM

once you go mouse youll never go back!!! lol.... seriously your game i think can only improve by useing a regular mouse not to mention its much more comfy to use. a basic microsoft or logitech mouse under 20.00 is all you really need. gl &hf.  also  i swear by a corded mouse over any wireless mouse.

• BradySeven
    647 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 1:25 PM

Buckeye8084:
    The new computer has a brighter and more colorful screen, but I can't see the pin anymore on most shots from the standard view. This is important to me for lining up my shots for wind variation. I lined up the edge of the box with the flag as a reference. Do I need to come up with a new way to estimate wind with the closeup view now due to the lower resolution?

Right click and zoom in to check your aim.

• PAGES
RSS