Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:26 PM

2DAM, it had to be a real pisser for you and anyone else who'd been banking credits not to get a warning at the very least.  And don't worry about spelling, I'm off the clock.

;-)

andyson, love the duck!

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:44 PM

2DAMFLASHY:
    it soon will NOT be free .. plus i like an idiot had views saved up.. KNEW I should have been cashing them in... 

That really sucks. I've always cashed mine in as soon as I hit 50, always had this sneaking suspicion that something like this was on the horizon. No matter how they (WGT) try to spin how and why this went down, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for not notifying customers that this was going to happen. Another PR nightmare, this place is becoming more of a joke every day.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:45 PM

I am just not using them anymore. Too much waste of time now. I am not spending double the time for same amount and less time playing the game. 

• WRWil
    42 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:50 PM

hyena64:

I agree. It was a dirty move to do it without notice, if indeed it was done that way.  Bad business WGT. Trying to run everyone off? Sure seems that way.

+1      WRWil

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:50 PM

I'm not gonna "boycott," I'm just not gonna waste my time. I'll play less and switch back to Callys ... not out of principle, out of fiscal reality. And WGT loses income. 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:02 PM

LeonDelBosque:

I'm not gonna "boycott," I'm just not gonna waste my time. I'll play less and switch back to Callys ... not out of principle, out of fiscal reality. And WGT loses income. 

Leon, call it what you want...as long as you ain't watchin', the ads ain't workin'.  Strange that you put the word in scare quotes, but what you're doing is indeed a boycott and I'm with you 100%.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:15 PM

Yeah i am not wasting my time on theese anymore , the short vids were always just a little top up once a week or so on your credits , i had 49 views and today i watched 1 vid got my 35 creds instead of my 75, and left the rest  !    

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:22 PM

Today a cc member informed me that that number of views required to cash in had doubled, so instead of watching the vids I let the carousel spin for 5 minutes and logged out....no sense wasting my time : ^)

• woodworkerjunkie
    237 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:28 PM

This pisses me off to no end. I was setting on over 3000 views and was going to cash them in to pay out prizes for a CC tourney I was hosting. Now without notice they are only worth half as much. If WGT needed to do this, why not at least give people a few days to cash in what they had before raising them. 

I agree, I will not be watching any more of the videos. And since they have cut the surveys a while back, I haven't been doing those either. I'll play with what I have and if some new things don't come along, I don't guess I'll be playing here at WGT much longer. I guess they think our time is not worth much anymore. 

Have you noticed some of the extra videos, they want to give you 2 views for a 5 minute video! R U SERIOUS!  WGT better get a handle on their game, or they are going to see people leaving in droves!

I have spent a few dollars with WGT and used several of their sponsors to purchase things, but not anymore!

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:30 PM

I dont complain about much on this game but the view amount change it total bullcrap. i got over a 1000 video views saved up that i use to supplement my ball habit. the value got cut in half over night a lil warning would have been nice. very disappointing wgt and a cheap ass move. c'mon after you develop the balls they don't really cost anything and yet they still cost 450 (for the nikes i play) which i'm sorta ok with that when i have a lil help from the vids to buy em. just a really crappy move. imo which i know means nothing but there it is.

RSS