Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 2:53 PM

Can't speak for others, but now that the number of views required to obtain credits has been doubled, it's no longer worth my time to view the vids.

The best way (imo) to make a statement is to simply boycott the vids.  Advertising's no good if no one watches.

I suggest we all avoid watching until/unless the policy is changed.

No malice intended toward WGT, but this new policy is unreasonably drastic and came without warning.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 2:59 PM

WGT say its what they had to do to keep them there. I say kick these people who offer these creds off your site WGT. Get someone in who dont act like modern day Robin Hoods. Its your site WGT, start acting like it is.

• MissouriDan
    312 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:04 PM

I wont be watching their videos anymore. That was a drastic move. 

MD

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:08 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

WGT say its what they had to do to keep them there....

where does WGT say that?

boycotts never work.

for all we know Live Gamer (LG) has a stake in WGT. On the other hand, WGT isn't even a big enough client of LG to warrant a spot on LG's client list.

My guess would be that WGT needs LG more then LG needs WGT.

• billyc28
    8 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:09 PM

I think I am done too, they were getting out of hand with the 12 minute videos for measly 2 views now this comes without warning. i was 4 views away from another 75 credits, now i am only half way there, not worth my time

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:14 PM

FamousBeef:

TWOMINUSONE:

WGT say its what they had to do to keep them there....

where does WGT say that?

boycotts never work.

for all we know Live Gamer (LG) has a stake in WGT. On the other hand, WGT isn't even a big enough client of LG to warrant a spot on LG's client list.

My guess would be that WGT needs LG more then LG needs WGT.

Icon has basically said it in this thread.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/124534.aspx

• dario2589
    202 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:16 PM

The only way to get free credis that works for me and now you need 2 weeks to get just 75c!? What a joke!...

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:20 PM

Im not a businessman, but this strangely looks like a the type of situation when something happens in takeovers. Could be way off the mark here, but is there a new sheriff in town, and hungry for blood, lol.

RSS