Forums

Help › Forums

outrageous

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:31 PM (5 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:17 AM

If you are allowed to start a tourney then how in hell can you be disallowed at the end because the time has run out.

Buck up your ideas WGT and get things in order. Not enough time to play then disallow the entry.

the same in real life , if there is a sudden storm and play is suspended, then you don't get kicked because it has gone 7 o'clock or whatever.

It p1ses me off big time

FFS

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:28 AM

you play 9 holes in 20 mins.....he playes 9 holes in 10 mins etc etc etc.....they would need to personalise it i fear

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:37 AM

7thwave:

you play 9 holes in 20 mins.....he playes 9 holes in 10 mins etc etc etc.....they would need to personalise it i fear

Irrelevant, I got a message today at 12 o'clock informing me that WGT was closing for updates during game play. The very same mechanism could be applied to playing tournaments with an estimated date time finish.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 8:21 AM

Hi

I am sorry about that but we always try to give heads up as soon as we can to give a chance to finish a game or a tournament.

Tournaments also run off live clock,  so pausing it wouldn't work since it has to be done 1 at a time and there are many many of them

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 8:23 AM

I agree, Scheduled downtime should be announced within the game screen.

before the TEE OFF button an alert "WGT has scheduled downtime maintenance in xx minutes"

Then we could save our RG entry fees, ball durability as well as many other frustrations..... and that

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:31 PM

I hate the multi round tournies that say "3 days and x hours left to play" then you go and try to do round 2 only to be too late. Each rounds time limit needs to be specified and listed for us old guys.

RSS