Forums

Help › Forums

disconnect %

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:12 PM (114 replies)
  • zant
    319 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:43 PM

I never quit a singe game, in all the time i played here,don't play many multyplayer games ,but tonight i discover  that i am at 90% lol Not that it's really important ,but if  that function is on ,1st figure out how to make it work properly.          As of now i have to take a  hit for those, who quit,   or improper gameplay, that crashes and showes an error every 3rd game.  

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:03 AM

StrokerLee:

I pull back my putter (with 30 seconds left on a 60 second clock timer) I caught the 'ding' so perfectly >> that little circle went around the 'ding' area of my meter!!!  But...my avatar did not take his swing !!! Then my clock timer went to :00 and still nothing happened!!! finally after about another 30 seconds (of being in limbo)

This is very bad and happening to me on every shot in multi stroke play.

5 to 15 second delay from click to animation is very bad.

PLEASE WGT FIX THIS

• maitaimik
    38 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:25 AM

I'm getting fed up with the stupid WGT tweaks that slow the game down, make it more unreliable and waste ever more time - waiting for the software to deliver the goods - how I remember the good old days with just two courses and hours of uninterrupted joy.

Those halcyon days.....

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 2:51 AM

zant:

I never quit a singe game, in all the time i played here,don't play many multyplayer games ,but tonight i discover  that i am at 90% lol Not that it's really important ,but if  that function is on ,1st figure out how to make it work properly.          As of now i have to take a  hit for those, who quit,   or improper gameplay, that crashes and showes an error every 3rd game.  

Everybody starts at 90% zant....  after a couple of games of full games they go to 100% and then if you get a disconnect then it goes down.

I played a Stroke game earlier, we were on the 8th hole when my playing partner chipped in from just off the green for Bird and was having a great round.

Then we both got the dreaded 'Unexpected Error' message.  So I had to close my browser and login again....  took me less than 1 min to start the game page, when I did.. it told me Game Finished caused by taking too long to get back on... 1min ...hmm.

I was not very happy.. I can't say what I really said....lol.  Not because of the Disconnect, but the fact the my playing partner was having a fantastic game and all is lost now.

I''m  now on 97% .... Sent message to Wgt

I think Wgt should take this feature out again until they fix all the bugs in it.

Just thinking ealier.... I've been playing this game for just over 2 years now....  Why, all of a sudden has anybody got a problem with the 5min timer. 

I haven't heard of any complaints about the timer before...hmmm

-Roger

• bajakma
    29 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 3:21 AM

i had a 107 day streak started playing at 6 pm, playing with 2 other gents. it happened 2 times during our round where a player got lost connection and we got back to the lobby, 1 could not get back in, so that left 2 of us. Then on the 18th we were on the green and my playing partner lost connection and couldn't get back, 5minutes later i got  back to the game, made my putt and missed my 108th day by 2 minutes, causing me to lose my 880 points and now i have tostart over again and it was due to others having connection problems, totally unfair.

• briangrubb
    236 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:01 AM

i'm at 87% and don't understand the logic behind this?when i get booted its beyondmy control..yet people see that ur low n think ur a quitter!fix the game boots b u pt a % on finished rounds WGT... urmaking a guy that never would consider bowing down ook bad...

• grizzwaldo52
    7 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:04 AM

The 5 minute timer is new to stroke play , and should be shortened since the player has closed the browser window and is no longer online.  It does help because it keeps the game from "locking up" and gives you a chance to restart , but the wait is horrible.  Maybe wgt can add an option where the remaining players can choose to proceed without the quitter.

On the bright side , I get bit by the load error bug on occasion which leads to my having to drop out of games on occasion.  This new feature allows me to get out and back into the game without having to totally bail on the game.  Like anything else , I'm sure wgt is listening and will tweak the bugs.

Play well in the meantime , Grizzo

• HighlandeR54
    7 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:07 AM

Where do I go to complain to WGT?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:18 AM

Hi guys,

Think i'm in the same boat as you so to speak!

I've played on two consecutive days now and have been having reasonable rounds in stroke play when both my partners disconnected, so we went back to the re-connect screen and I had to wait over 10 mins for both to attempt to reconnect twice, infact neither did and i was informed that i had forfeited the game, my stats went from 100% to 97%, not a lot but it made me a bit mad to say the least.

My last game was 9 hole stroke on Congressional, after 6 holes i was 4 under, the two partners i was with were 5 and 6 over respectively, they then both "disconnected" so i had to wait a further 5 mins for them to reconnect or attempt to! Neither did, two computers and internet problems or bad "sportsmanship" on their behalf!!

WGT need to as you say sort this problem out, i have quit so too speak but only through genuine reasons, not because i'm having a bad day or is this another WGT gimmick that isn't going to work

andwhy67

• grizzwaldo52
    7 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:19 AM

OMG Replied to this message earlier and went to play a game.  Had a quitter who sent us to the lobby.  Waited the 5 minutes (cuz he quit by closing the window and not thru the menu...another discussion all together) , and just as the game restarted it dropped us from inactiviity lol.  Not sure at this time if it affected my quit % , but I was at 100.  Def needs some fine tuning.

RSS