• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:08 AM

Match Play: Opponent quit => You win => Game completed
    Alt shot:: 
    Opponent quit => You win => Game completed
    Stroke:  
    Opponent quit => You can continue the game => Game completed

So concept is right, but unfortunately WGT fail in so many ways of implementing it.

alosso:

Once again:

It's not the "quitters count" or the "disconnect penalty", it's designed to show how many of the last 30 games you completed, regardless of responsibility or guilt.

Your opponent quits (you may win the match): %% descends.

Your partner quits: %% descends.

Your internet connection breaks: %% descends.

Flash aborts your game: %% descends.

Advert aborts your game: %% descends.

Skins game error: %% descends.

Blitz game error: %% descends.

Strokeplay game error due to quitting companions: %% descends.

Game abort due to inactivity while duely waiting 5 mins: %% descends.

IMHO it's alarming that 5 out of 9 reasons shown here (without knowing the frequence) are exclusively WGT responsibility.

• Hotmanishot
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:18 AM

Right On Point!

• don78
    8 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:41 AM

i hardly needed to read all of what u said its what all of us are thinking anyway your spot on what ever ur figures are , its just bs the system is wrong , i dont disco blitz but im dwn to 70% for people fukng discoing n leaving every1 in limbo, wgt never thought this1 thru.

• RODY123
    376 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:31 AM

Hello mate, your dead right, it happened to me last night. This morning I have never played a game and my % as dropped from 93 to 87 due to  there is a problem with this game.  Actually my % should be 100 because I am a person that does not quit regardless of the square, and I reported this last night on the forum of Bugs

• colwardc
    749 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:05 PM

You are all forgetting the underlying problem with this WGT initiative to identify Quitters, and that is for it to work, WGT have to first sort out the problem they have with the game. The only reason my percentage is below 100% is down to connection error messages, and its not MY connection that,s at fault, rather that WGT have server problems which they have still not rectified, in the ten months I have been playing.They should concentrate on the real problems with the game, sandbaggers, women of disreputable reputation using the game to tout for business and last but by no means least, a ball in the weeds is not a lost ball, just a WGT excuse to get more credits. Don,t they know how many pensioners on limited funds play this game, or do they even care

• jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:53 PM

Well said alosso.wgt is supposed to take % off in Oct......hope so

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:10 PM

Tightrope:

Match Play: Opponent quit => You win => Game completed
    Alt shot:: 
    Opponent quit => You win => Game completed
    Stroke:  
    Opponent quit => You can continue the game => Game completed

So concept is right, but unfortunately WGT fail in so many ways of implementing it.

Agree to the fails.

Alas, a concept that marks (if not punishes) 2, 3 or 4 when 1 is "guilty" thus bearing more collateral damage than deserved hits, can't be named right. I expanded this elsewhere.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:19 PM

Yeah i like the % , but i do feel for the players dropping % from quitters , and the worst thing is if your % drops to low , how on earth are you going to get it back up if no one will play with you , it is a good thing to know the quitters , but what about the honest bloke that happens to get shafted by quitters and all of a sudden he can't get a game  !     ( How can he then improve his % )

dflop !

RSS