Forums

Help › Forums

New Stroke Play Lobby and Disconnect %

Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:11 PM (35 replies)
  • putterdog
    6,718 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 1:20 PM

I don't quit. others do , and my % still goes down .

• macpixel
    18 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:06 PM

dariose:

Is unbelievable that WGT don think in the impact that this new feature make in player´s reputation.

I have been try to play 3 times today, one of the players quitted, the game froze, so i have to close the window. When i wanted to play again my percent was 87%, my score went down 3% each time i close the window due to another guy quitted. the idea is good but u guys must to fix this inconsistency.

By the end of the day i will be in 20%, that is not fear.

same effect  of quiters and wgt "errors" and so people disconnecting in a blitz with a long waiting then...

Not a good idea, and cannot be justified according a choice of partners, in fact I already have my black list of quiters or bad connections.

Please WGT  stop this or get it on an individual attitude.

Thanks

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:46 AM

Once again:

It's not the "quitters count" or the "disconnect penalty", it's designed to show how many of the last 30 games you completed, regardless of responsibility or guilt.

Your opponent quits (you may win the match): %% descends.

Your partner quits: %% descends.

Your internet connection breaks: %% descends.

Flash aborts your game: %% descends.

Advert aborts your game: %% descends.

Skins game error: %% descends.

Blitz game error: %% descends.

Strokeplay game error due to quitting companions: %% descends.

Game abort due to inactivity while duely waiting 5 mins: %% descends.

IMHO it's alarming that 5 out of 9 reasons shown here (without knowing the frequence) are exclusively WGT responsibility.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 1:08 PM

alosso:

Once again:

It's not the "quitters count" or the "disconnect penalty", it's designed to show how many of the last 30 games you completed, regardless of responsibility or guilt.

Your opponent quits (you may win the match): %% descends.

Your partner quits: %% descends.

Your internet connection breaks: %% descends.

Flash aborts your game: %% descends.

Advert aborts your game: %% descends.

Skins game error: %% descends.

Blitz game error: %% descends.

Strokeplay game error due to quitting companions: %% descends.

Game abort due to inactivity while duely waiting 5 mins: %% descends.

IMHO it's alarming that 5 out of 9 reasons shown here (without knowing the frequence) are exclusively WGT responsibility.

But, alosso, here is the reason I still like it (despite the concept needing tweaking).  The one variable under our control, as players, is the one that will separate the quitters from the completers.  And, that is the goal.  A quitter's %% will ALWAYS be below a completer's.  And, that is how you decide who you will and won't tee off with.

• jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 2:01 PM

but,if your not a quitter and your % is below 90 % because of disconnects,your still looked at as a looser(quitter).and there's not a dang thing u can do about that. IT SUCKS

• danimal226
    47 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 9:56 AM

without a dought this is a stupid thing , hate waiting the 5 min knowing they are not comeing back

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 11:43 PM

Choppography:

alosso:

But, alosso, here is the reason I still like it (despite the concept needing tweaking).  The one variable under our control, as players, is the one that will separate the quitters from the completers.  And, that is the goal.  A quitter's %% will ALWAYS be below a completer's.  And, that is how you decide who you will and won't tee off with.

I disagree: The concept is wrong because the innocent %% drops exceed the number of quitters and disconnectors.

Match play: 50 % inevitably innocent, A/S: 75 % inevitably innocent,
    Skin, Blitz & Strokeplay: 50-75% innocent %% drops due to the built-in faults.

Please evaluate a concept which has more collateral damage than hits to the target.

• jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 8:39 AM

I question playing someone that is below 80%.It's sad to think that anyone could be in that position,even u " Choppography". I do like the concept,but now having a bad day will mean going from 100% to 90% and NOT enjoying the game.

• jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 8:47 PM

Yipeeeee..only played with 1 quitter today. I only dropped 3% from 90% to 87%.I think it was a great day on wgt.

RSS