Help › Forums

New Stroke Play Lobby and Disconnect %

Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:11 PM (35 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:17 PM

jgolfer1:
    Well said alosso.wgt is supposed to take % off in Oct......hope so

To clarify - we are not removing this feature in October. We plan on altering this feature so that Alternate Shot games are not included when factoring your percentage. This should happen early October :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• jgolfer1
    38 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:14 PM

Thank you WGTpizza,I play mostly alt shot games.Alot of good people and this game is the best.

• gypsyju
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:30 PM

I feel dumb..i thought that was some kind of connection %....i didnt want to hold anyone up so i'd just quit.....now my shits down to 33%...ouchy!!

• fletcher3
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:11 PM

I have been meaning to put in my 2 cents regarding this new pain in the nine iron. What the heck were you guys doing that day jack n coke or what. Im an impatient person by nature and so i find myself in stroke play 4 sums and w/2 players using every bit of 90 secs and end up 40 yrds off the green in the fescue and then needs 3 more shots to get out of the fescue so theres  6 minutes now its his buddys turn or inning       and then after 15 minutes or so i get to hit a shot as well as the 4th player so most par 3 n 4 s are 20 minute holes and after 3 or 4 holes one of these guys quits now im gonna sit here for 5 minutes waiting for this guy to reconnect . It only took me less than a minute to reconn, why would it take anyone any longer? If they were coming back they would be there in a minute. My point being i have played 18 w/3 other players and the round went so quick and all 4 players were feeling the continuity and were able to move at a very comfortable pace. No distractions. I have yet to play a round in which someone bails and one or more of the remaining players voices their thoughts regarding the " New Stroke Play Lobby and Disconnect % " , while waiting that five minutes. Tell the truth now, did obama have something to do with this, its just like the *** hes been handing the american people both w/out asking if they want it as well as w/out any options . I refuse to sit  for five minutes , i could play 2 or 3 holes in that time. 

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:43 AM

Let me give you and the developers a small tip:

1. The browsers triggers an event when someone try to close it: window.onbeforeunload 
    Use that to see if someone is closing the browser (you send a "userMightBeQuitting=true" signal to the server and pop up a confirm dialog to the user)

If the user clicks "No, I don't wanna close browser"  , you send a signal "userMightBeQuitting=false"

If he clicks "yes, get me out of here" you might or might not be able to get a message for that client, but when the others are taken back to the lobby, the server will have a "mightWannaQuit" flag on one of them and a "innocent" flag on the others. You can use this knowledge to penalize the culprit

2. Make sure there is  a visible "Quit this game button" that properly and gracefully quits the game and penalise only the one quitting

How hard can it be? If the dreaded "There has been an error with the game" sign is up in the client, then of course, when the player try to quit the game, then you send a signal "playerWillDisconnectBecauseWeAskedHimToSinceThereHasBeenAnErrorInTheGame"  signal.

WGTpizza:

jgolfer1:
    Well said alosso.wgt is supposed to take % off in Oct......hope so

To clarify - we are not removing this feature in October. We plan on altering this feature so that Alternate Shot games are not included when factoring your percentage. This should happen early October :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:17 AM

We dont even have a delete all mail button.. This place is so out dated.

RSS