Forums

Help › Forums

WOW !

Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:53 PM (8 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 7:49 AM

Yes, but there is logic in WGT's introduction of this.

x2 speed boost = twice as many games = twice as many balls lost = Twice as much revenue for WGT.

Keep using it people. WGT needs the money. he he:~))

Mel

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 7:53 AM

I just tried it and it definitely speeds up the round. I made sure it was tuned off on the greens, becuase I didn't want to lose that visual feedback on the pace of the green (not that it matters much with my putting).

It was very noticeable off the tee and subsequent shots- the ball almost seems to be on the ground before you finish your swing.... can't eevn imagine how fast the higher boosts would be.

The one place I really didn't like it was on approach shots. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who tracks the ball through the air, following the ball flight & glancing up & down from the ball to the pin. We do the same thing IRL. With even this 2x boost, you almost can't do that because the camera angles switch so fast. For myself, that really seems to take something away from the game.

I'd probably give it 2.5 stars out of 5. It's kind of cool, but not really my thing.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:23 AM

I think I'll try a round with the starter clubs and ball, the uneven lies and speed boost. I want to see how fast I can play bad but still feel good.. ;-)

• SammyFisher
    77 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:28 AM

I hate it. Woke up this morning, joined three other fellas on the back 9 of Andrews, and to me, it is a distraction. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:52 AM

CerinoDevoti:

I think I'll try a round with the starter clubs and ball, the uneven lies and speed boost. I want to see how fast I can play bad but still feel good.. ;-)

Ok played the first hole with the speed boost. I can't stop laughing . It's like a cartoon in fast forward. Bravo WGT... I'm entertained. :-)

Edit P.S. Watching replays of shots in speed boost is even funnier than hitting them live. I'm gonna be laughing until Daddy takes the Speed Boost away.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 11:59 AM

I didn't get it!

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 5:29 PM

Apologies if this causes a certain theme to run in your head continually.

It has been dubbed the 'Benny Hill Boost' in some quarters. 

:-)

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:53 PM

game boost.............$$$$$$$$$$boost more like it.more rounds played=more hits on balls=more hands in pockets=bigger turkey at christmas simple

• PAGES
RSS