Forums

Help › Forums

Why is WGT associating with Malware makers?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:24 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:34 AM

I swear that virtually all of the "offers" for credits found on the "MORE OFFERS" tab (under GET CREDITS) are from sites that are either MALWARE makers or SPYWARE or some other form of malicious software.   Nearly every time I try to take advantage of one of the offers found under the MORE OFFERS tab under GET CREDITS one of my computer's Malware programs alerts me to the fact that this is Malware or Spyware.  

So why is WGT deliberately associating themselves with sites that are known to be malicious in nature?  Surely they don't need to do this - do they?  

Before I installed my latest malware program (Spybot - Search and Destroy) I would find that my previous malware program was not vigilant enough and I would end up with all sorts of nasty and malicious programs on my computers SOLELY because I tried to obtain some WGT credits via the offers found under the MORE OFFERS tab here.  In fact I spent one full Sunday (a week ago) strictly trying to remove all of the garbage that had been installed on my computer by using these malicious offers.  The worst of which was a program called Babylon Search - which forced me to remove Firefox completely from my computer (as it proved impossible to remove from my computer - ONLY from my Firefox browser for some reason).

I pity the folks here who have been utilizing these offers without proper Spyware and Malware detection programs.  I really do.  

Open question to the admins here at WGT - why not associate yourselves with more honest sites on these sorts of offers.  If you doubt what I'm saying here then simply install a good Malware/Spyware program such as Spy Bot Search and Destroy and then try to use some of the offers found here under MORE OFFERS (under GET CREDITS).  You will see what I'm referring to here very quickly.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:42 AM

Some of the programs you are promoting consider any kind of cookie as spyware or malware.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:04 AM

sixkiller:

Some of the programs you are promoting consider any kind of cookie as spyware or malware.

yupps.....as soon as SB Search & Destroys gets a sniff of Java or redirects from an unrecognised source/url it's ALERT! lol.

I'm happy to go with the vast amount of folks who will have AV / Anti Malware software running on their pc's and who do the offers successfully without any false alerts.

I tested supersonic ads url on many site checkers and it returns safe....including Norton.

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.supersonicads.com

tbe

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:22 AM

WGT doesn't associate themselves with malware makers.

If anything.......sometimes an advertiser's server or site may get compromised temporarily.....this is just the nature of the internet nowadays.

Use decent AV's and decent antimalware to be safe.

SB Search & Destroy's hopeless.....always has been.

tbe

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:25 AM

Hi

It should  be able noted that if any offers ask you to install anything, you should pay very closely attention. Many of them have normal screens and then little checkboxes to install this bar or that bar... Make sure to uncheck them and only install the thing they require.

Also, these offers are done via 3rd party and if any prove to be malicious, please take screenshots and email them at members@worldgolftour.com

I am sorry for the inconvinience,

-wgticon

• BigSulley
    343 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:57 PM

Sounds like passing the buck wgticon you take payment for the advert, I would think you would vet these things to protect you own members, or is it a case of you downloaded it ,,,just because we promoted it ,,,not our fault...if it is from a third party wgt should take extra care before linking it here,,,,,am I wrong in saying ,,,,wgt want you to send a screen shot of the damage after the horse is bolted....if you advertise this stuff please make sure its safe or can any one put a link on here lol.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:17 PM

It doesn't work that way. It's 3rd party so they serve the ad's. We can't go through them. If something is wrong or sneaks by the filters, then we can identify it and have it removed.

-wgticon

• BigSulley
    343 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:05 PM

OK so the third party prompts the first ad to be displayed on wgt , is there not then a vetting system as to where these links go. surely some one on wgt follows all this through, I mean, we pay a lot of money for our IT software equipment, I would like to think wgt protecting us and our details ,,,,,are our account details safe if you are using third parties, ie credit card info??????? s

Scary if you cant protect us from third parties we are entering our personal credit cards details ????????

• PAGES
RSS