Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:12 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dplant14
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 12:13 PM

Hey everyone,

New to this site for not quite a week now. Was an old holdout on the Links Tour. Love, love, love golf of any kind. Getting used to the different swings but think I enjoy this site much more. If I could putt I could improve. lol That hopefully will come with time. Not sure what the Country Club thing is about but wouldn't mind checking it out. Only problem with the online golf is that I can't light up my beloved cigars while I play(might explain the putting issues).

Hit 'em far and straight, keep the stogie lit and enjoy!

Dave "Richard" P

Swinger Richard's Champion of '07, member of the Swinging Richards since '05.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 11:37 PM

Welcome sir. Practice makes perfect.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:14 AM

LOL  welcome ,dplant ,like the above post   practice  ...have fun   ,read tthe FAQ,s

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:17 AM

O   ,yes country club corner is what you want   many are looking ,,   find one that is there for  new comers   ...they are there for you

• Mike0424
    46 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:18 AM

Wecome Richard, I am Mike. Grip it and rip it (Roy McAvoy in Tin Cup). Relax  and have fun. As for putting I use the putter pal. A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work, unless of course your name is Tiger or Phil.

• dplant14
    5 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 6:52 AM

Thanks for the notes. Found a CC and have played a few rounds. Upgraded clubs helped a little. Guess I should work on my approach shots to get closer and putting wouldn't look so pathetic.

• piczman777
    3 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:02 PM

I an old Links man myself. I joined this yesterday and already I have a dislike. Three times I have had people quit on me when I was winning. A guy named Pandorf and I were playing match play and I was up 3 with 2 holes to go so he split on me.

you would get in trouble in links if that became a habit.

I miss the world ranking too.

Oher than that I think I will enjoy this game. Good swings to you.

Piczman

• Firenzo
    545 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:06 PM

dplant14:

Thanks for the notes. Found a CC and have played a few rounds. Upgraded clubs helped a little. Guess I should work on my approach shots to get closer and putting wouldn't look so pathetic.

playing in the CTTH tournaments is excellent practice for your approach shots.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:11 PM

welcome!

• PAGES
RSS