Forums

Help › Forums

How to avoid jerky swing meter??

Thu, Sep 6 2012 1:36 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • headhacker
    98 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:01 PM

Just had a great round going and then 3 swings in a row the meter went from the 0 point to past full QUICKLY with no chance to stop it where I clicked. Does this happen to anyone else and HOW do I prevent this from happening or at least get the shot back.

My mistakes I will own up to but when the game fails me it should not be counted against the score. Very enjoyable other than this glitch, PLEASE help.

Thanks,

Jon

• ghiaguy67
    8 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:34 PM

I am currently experiencing the same problem, for some reason I am thinking it might be related to that ball boost thing, that was something that was automatically added and it ruined a game for me until I figured out how to turn it off. Ever since my meter has been the worst I have ever seen it. I will click and the meter keeps moving making for terrible shots. Gets frustrating if you lose good golf balls this way and I will certainly not buy anything more until this is resolved.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:52 PM

Use Maxthon 3 as ur browser.

• dryspot
    727 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 11:53 PM

hello and welcome  i use comodo dragon work's 4 me good luck.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:22 AM

Was the meter start delayed?

I have this infrequently. Let it happen, pull again, wait 3 secs on the top, repeat until it becomes better.

Edit: Learn not to hit the button! </>

Which browser do you use, which Flash version (right click in the game window)?

• trc32
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:32 AM

Let me be the second person to recommend Maxthon 3 as a browser.

I do most of my work in web development, and am very familiar with a wide variety of browsers.  Chrome and Firefox are both experiencing issues with their Flash compatibility in some areas.  Not even the latest update fixes all problems.

If you have the HD space (and you should) I would go ahead and add Maxthon 3, as you will have absolutely ZERO issues with the game related to Flash and browser compatibility.  Once you have Maxthon installed, any issues you are experiencing would likely be due to connectivity with ISP. 

• Bunnyslope
    28 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:22 PM

Regardless of which browser you are currently running, if you run CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER) on a weekly basis and/or before logging in to WGT, it should solve your problems. Also, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed.

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:09 PM

Thanks - I am on a Mac but I'll give Maxthon 3 a go. I'll check Flash for updates as well.

Some of the other advice seemed good as well, like clearing cache beforehand and a few other things. It could be a cache thing possibly as it is limited per site and this is rather heavy. It only happens well into a round so no harm in whacking cache before I start.

Thanks all for the replies and help.

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:20 PM

Just updated Flash from 11,1 to 11,4 - maybe that will help. I'll try the repeat and hold trick as well. Thanks!

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 9:38 PM

Come on people its not the browsers its the flash problem that people still dont have a grasp on. Plenty of threads for fixes on that. If that doesn't work then you have bigger problems. Post back if changing back to an older flash version doesn't work or update to the latest 11.4 version and disable that pepper crap its useless for this game.

• PAGES
RSS