Forums

Help › Forums

Free Credits Modification

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 5 2012 2:57 PM (3 replies)
  • rjr2112
    4 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:31 AM

Recently the "Watch Video's" for free cedits was modified. You now need to watch 100 ads to redeem 75 credits which is double the original 50 Ads.

What was the reasoning behind this change?

The ads are paid for by the advertisers and are meant to be viewed by the members of the site. The exchange for the members watching the ads is free credits and also the hope that sales will be generated for the advertisers.

Reducing the credit accumulation for watching these ads would seem to be counter-productive for the advertisers.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 8:40 AM

All been said and apologised for here:~ With expalnation as to why

Forums » Welcome to WGT » Announcements & News » Apology to the community from WGT

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 8:40 AM

hi

the details are here. http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/125022.aspx

-wgticon

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 2:57 PM

The bigger question is why aren't watched extra videos being added to my views for over 2 weeks?

Hard to redeem views when they aren't added to my total.

Emails to LG and WGT go unanswered. Unless this counts as a reply:

WGT Member Services members@worldgolftour.com via 9ue0a3gofrggzt.a-yuqjmag.g.bnc.salesforce.com 
    10:14 AM (1 hour ago)
    to me

Hello,

I'm sorry for the change and for the lack of notice. We had to make a decision to either remove LiveGamer videos from our site or increase the number of views required for redemption as the economics were not working out for us at all. We know players like the ability to earn free credits so we decided to keep the service but increase the redemption ratio.

Our apologies...but it was something that we needed to do in order to keep the credit economy balanced.

Thanks,
    WGT

---------------

RSS