Update on Disconnect % - 9/6/12

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:15 AM (116 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 1:21 PM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

As we continue to evaluate this feature and listen to your feedback, sometime in early October, we will remove this feature from the Alternate Shot games. This should help with partner disconnections % calculations. 

Thank you for your candid feedback.

-WGTicon

thanks for the response Icon.

tbe

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 1:55 PM

WILL the finish % still show from stroke play ?

even tho they are joining an ALT game??  .. i just must be a lucky one . i bet ive only had a couple of ALT games not go full way ,,out of about 1000..

but have had a GAZILLION quit in stroke..  SO seams like a good move tho..

ALT on .... :)

oh !!! please FIX  the forced 4 player search in stroke if ya can... love joining random ,, 

peace

• Alfred67
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 2:40 PM

Hi I have been reading some of the posts & remarks from our members and I myself found on several occasion that players just quit wthout notification and then an error popsup & we lose the game completely. This is totally wrong and we will lose more playersin the long run. Also trying to move up in your levels is much more difficult. The system we had with END GAME in the menu was much better no lost games and the player was disconnected and we continued our game, also no errors like we have today.

I suggest to put back the END GAME in the menu again. I know we will always have quitters,we should live with that or track quitters and remove their memberships. Everything is possible with progams & applications.

Thanks for the work to date &  I hope you take into consideration my SUGGESTIONS

Regard, member,  Alfred67............

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 2:59 PM

WGTicon:

Boomerboy44:

Why....can't you guys figure out how to lower the quitters % without lowering his partners too. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

Quitting has 2 sides

1. Inadvertent

2. On purpose

1. of course we want no one to quit... Our goal is to make this as enjoyable as possible

2. I can't make people do anything they don't want to do. If I did, then that girl in HS that I liked would have gone out with me when I asked her :(

-wgticon

I'll restate... if someone quits for any reason lower their playing % but not their partners. Surely you guys are smart enough to do that.  I can't understand why this is such a BIG problem. I understand you can't make people do what you want but if they quit then you certainly can label them a quitter somehow. I thought you guys were on to something with the %... But apparently you can't even fix your own ideas.

As for your attempt at romanance.........................best left unsaid.   :-)))

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 9:11 PM

ChasMiester:

WHELP !!!! We just go back 2 the basics....Write on every quitters wall and block them !! It works for me. When a quitter who's wall I have written on sees me in a room for a match, he or she leaves that game Im  in with them real fast. It has always worked for me. A quitter remembers whose written on his wall. At least my quitters do !! And I write is "U QUITTER". 

except blocking them doesn't actually block them from joining your game when inviting "anyone" or "best match".

better to just scrap the whole thing, and go back to drawing board

• easternguy
    301 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:20 PM

I played a match today and the guy quit on the 7th...I waited 5 minutes and my % went from 93 to 90...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:55 PM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

As we continue to evaluate this feature and listen to your feedback, sometime in early October, we will remove this feature from the Alternate Shot games. This should help with partner disconnections % calculations. 

Thank you for your candid feedback.

-WGTicon

Don't change it Icon...dang...my reasoning is:

Either perpetual quitters will be revealed and force to complete a game, or be bumped forever.

Flip side, if it's a users ISP/etc, issue...and they are prone to disconnects, it upsets the apple carts for all the players, who then suffer.  If these folks, who have habitual disconnects, want to continue playing in group play, they need to rectify their issues...plain and simple.

I don't care the reason WHY you cannot complete your games, I don't want to play with you if you cannot.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 11:23 PM

Im having this problem  if the last game im playing each night is a multiplayer. Even if I make sure all my friends (were all on Ventrilo together, so I can verify this) exit the game properly, one or more of us will get a you have forfieted your match the next time we log on, This of course is messing up our %. Is anyone else having this problem.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 12:06 AM

danohi50:

Im having this problem  if the last game im playing each night is a multiplayer. Even if I make sure all my friends (were all on Ventrilo together, so I can verify this) exit the game properly, one or more of us will get a you have forfieted your match the next time we log on, This of course is messing up our %. Is anyone else having this problem.

pretty sure everyone is having this problem :)

RSS