Update on Disconnect % - 9/6/12

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:15 AM (116 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 1:14 PM

YankeeJim:

Oldbayrunner:
    Ok tell me ...Why then did I and a lot of others have hardly any problems until the recent changes?...

Flash, Flash and Flash. You know that very well. Why didn't I see any of the troubles?--it's called a stable, dedicated browser with the Flash version that never gets updated, that's why.

Just for S&Gs I clicked on the Iron browser button that I haven't used in a year and a half  and the game plays as flawlessly in that as it does in CD. That Flash version is 11.2.202.233!!

Same here Jim. I played with Iron the other night for the first time in ages and it was flawless except the full screen mode was awful compared to CD and Maxthon .

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 1:17 PM

i never said anything about u directly MR.Bay

but i will say  this... i have coached or taught ppl to ride and compete all my life.... 1 thing i have learned as soon as they think ,,,they KNOW IT ALL .... there's no use try'n to help them...

i will bet there are LOTS ..that have NO trouble's... ya just don't hear from them.. because they are happy ... play the game and log off...

sorry,,yer PERFECTLY optOmiz'd ,,tricked out comp cant hang ... 

i have also been a mechanic all my life.. but still have had to seek a little advice every now and then.. 

i didn't mean to make an enemy...just was giving input... i ACTUALLY would rather it be back like it was.... a friend and i would pick up a random 3rd every evening and bet on when they would quit....

peace...100%

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 1:38 PM

Oldbayrunner:

What part of my next post didn't you get that it is not my computer causing the disconnects but I am dealing with the same problems others are encountering with the result of 1 or more that have disconnected. Or the new glitch that is coming up after the game has ended, here again not a problem of my ISP or internet but coding errors in wgt. Not one time playing on wgt has my computer caused a game to get disconnected. If it were my computer disconnecting than it would be an ISP or internet glitch on my part. So all of your questions leading to and trying to prove my having an ISP internet problem are pointless and a moot point given the circumstances. Granted the person(s) repeatedly  causing the disconnect should have either their computer or internet looked at but the resulted  effects and errors that are being caused by wgt are the problems that need to be looked at and ironed out by wgt.

So your condescending demeanor can shine elsewhere. Try really looking at what problems people are saying they are having with the game and try to understand instead of copping a holier than thou attitude and laying blame because you aren't. My point was that not all players having these problems are their computers fault as you sanctimoniously indicated it is. Count your blessings.

Well I did not see your next post before I posted mine.

I was not the one who started throwing around x years and certs, although I have a few. You give I will give back.

I was trying to point out that there seems to be a small group of people here that have these problems. Not just the well known MP ones that have been around for a while.

Now we all run the same basic hardware. Yes some have their's better tweaked, and know a thing or two more than the masses, about tweaking.

What would the thing be that separates these people from the rest?

There's really only 1 thing. The connection to the server. If the same people are having the same problems repeatedly, then it can only be one thing.

That was my question about have you tried to move your PC to a different location? You never answered, just attacked.

If you had read any of my previous posts you would have seen that I really do try to help. Some take it, some don't.

You don't want, or think that you need it. So we are done.

Sorry to try to help.

Have fun.

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 2:02 PM

Forgot to add this little tidbit.This is for everyone. Was a little hot under the collar, and this will be my last post on this subject.

I travel, the laptop goes with me. I have been in lots of different places with different connections, so I know it makes a difference.

Do a test, take your PC / laptop somewhere else, see if it works the same there. I think it would open a lot of eyes.

Not a hardware problem in my experience, my flawlessly running laptop at home, turns into a paperweight at some locations.

I was trying to get you to figure it out for your shelf, but nooooooo.

That would be admitting its an ISP problem.

I'm outa here.

GL

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 2:17 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

i never said anything about u directly MR.Bay

but i will say  this... i have coached or taught ppl to ride and compete all my life.... 1 thing i have learned as soon as they think ,,,they KNOW IT ALL .... there's no use try'n to help them...

i will bet there are LOTS ..that have NO trouble's... ya just don't hear from them.. because they are happy ... play the game and log off...

sorry,,yer PERFECTLY optOmiz'd ,,tricked out comp cant hang ..

i have also been a mechanic all my life.. but still have had to seek a little advice every now and then.. 

i didn't mean to make an enemy...just was giving input... i ACTUALLY would rather it be back like it was.... a friend and i would pick up a random 3rd every evening and bet on when they would quit....

peace...100%

What the hey... never said you did ....LMAO

What part of your original post was being constructive and helpful?...guess I missed that coach.

In what part of my posts that the game play problems I have described have nothing to do with a persons system don't you get.

So your shot at  being a know it all and my system not hanging is in essence a shot in the dark so to speak.

Sure there are LOTS that don't but why can't you guys accept that there are LOTS that do through no fault of theirs or their systems. It may boil down to what servers you might get at a given time, who the hell knows but the problems do exist right now. Hell a week ago I would have been right there with you but this past week there has been a lot of crap errors happening both old and new. All having nothing to do with mine or a lot of others computer operation. Simple thing is if WGT would acknowledge these glitches instead of sticking their head in the sand  debates like these would occur less.

LMAO...You end with not meaning to make an enemy then post this kind of crap...your too funny thanks for the chuckle.

Which by the way just because someone has an opposing opinion I personally don't consider them as an enemy... maybe you might, but I don't.  

So take your best shots because it's like water rolling off a ducks back. It doesn't make me mad or unnerved one iota but if I have a mind to I will speak my opinion just like YOU. (see I can use all caps too) LOL.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 3:10 PM

yea..sorry sir..

guess THAT was outa line.. :)

hope ya get it figur'd out i'm sure it will help a bunch of others also..

my first post had mostly to do with the one's that i know are clearly still quittin..but now gettin booted in join lobby from games because they didn't think there would be any repercussions from ther low % ..so they come claiming its WGT's fault...

i think you know what yer talkin about or doing with a comp... must be very frustrating that it wont iron out... 

Comodo dragon ..flash version 268 if that helps any

GL .. :)

• INDAFACE
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 3:32 PM

WGT must be laughing all the way to the bank.  They make the millions.  We are just consummers.  Now, their system OBVIOUSLY is nos consistent, since their "CHEAP FLASH BASED GAME" is encountering countless problems.  Some gifted with the blessings of being able to finish the games, feel like apostols of a true body of redemption of the kingdom of WGT's infaliability, but lets be clear on this ... WGT started as a great site, with a precious game that we all felt in love, but like Facebook, I think their system turned unmanageable, maybe due to the vast population of players.  Maybe they just dont want to acknowledge their tech gaps and here we all end up calling each other names ... so human ... so religious ... so funny ! ... and WGT laughing all the way to the bank ... ha ha ha

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 3:41 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

yea..sorry sir..

guess THAT was outa line.. :)

hope ya get it figur'd out i'm sure it will help a bunch of others also..

my first post had mostly to do with the one's that i know are clearly still quittin..but now gettin booted in join lobby from games because they didn't think there would be any repercussions from ther low % ..so they come claiming its WGT's fault...

i think you know what yer talkin about or doing with a comp... must be very frustrating that it wont iron out... 

Comodo dragon ..flash version 268 if that helps any

GL .. :)

Yeah I here ya there bud...nobody likes the real quitters

I use Maxthon3 with 11.4 flash and the games meter n all work great. Liked Comodo too was just a tad slower on mine.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 4:29 PM

INDAFACE.... In others defense my good man... You have been on here for what 1 year, Played 5 ranked games and all the rest only Blitz and play with all starter equipment and balls, not that that is a bad thing, and you consider yourself as one of the consumers? Not saying you have to spend your valuable time or hard earned dollars on here but please don't belittle people who do.

If you haven't played anymore than 5 ranked games and only blitz how the heck can you profess to have any experience with the infallibility (correct spelling) of wgt or know what the heck others are experiencing in playing other types of their games. I venture to say at least 90% of the online games out there are cheap flash based games as you call them, very few have moved to HTML5. 

Even I in my apparent difference in some of what others have the right to post would I dress people down in the derogatory manner you have just done.

• nikrick
    13 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 6:45 PM

Number-Up Boost Plus, I'll take the +10% for just 800cr, So Fliljnijnjn Funny

RSS