Forums

Help › Forums

club statitics

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:09 AM (2 replies)
  • genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 10:31 PM

Can someone explain what the stats mean on the clubs when displayed in the equipment bag and pro shop. I know what spin and distance are, but feel stumps me out. It is on balls you purchase. What is the most important between feel and forgiveness? I'm not a physical gofer and started this virtual golf, which i thoroughly enjoy. I've played 36 consecutive days and have read most of the forums looking for an answer.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:01 AM

genegold2:

Can someone explain what the stats mean on the clubs when displayed in the equipment bag and pro shop. I know what spin and distance are, but feel stumps me out. It is on balls you purchase. What is the most important between feel and forgiveness? I'm not a physical gofer and started this virtual golf, which i thoroughly enjoy. I've played 36 consecutive days and have read most of the forums looking for an answer.

hi

feel is the speed of the metter. less dots = faster meter. balls with more dots slower the meter.

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:09 AM

genegold2:
    What is the most important between feel and forgiveness?

Two totally different things:

"Feel" is an influence slowing down the meter, in combination with the swing speed of the clubs.

"Forgiveness" indicates how much the stroke result will be influenced by missing the ding.

E.g. Starter balls and Starter clubs have very little forgiveness, any small miss will have quite severe consequences. Better balls and clubs stay closer to the target on bad shots.

Looking into your bag, I'd like to say:

You have one Starter wedge and one Ping wedge. I strongly suggest that you drop the Starter and add a custom wedge fitting between the Ping and your PW. The second lvl 18 Ping (80 yds) or the lvl 42 60° Ping (75 yds) are two budget options.

RSS