Forums

Help › Forums

5 yard Drive and 1 Yard Chip????? I Blame.....

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:52 PM (9 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 3:46 PM

What the heck is going on folks - I was playing St Andrews and was 12 under through 12, then disaster happened, Teeing off on 13 my drive went 5 yards (would have prefered to be in the coffins) I hit the ding perfectly (wasnt my fault that I only swung a fraction over the starting power mark). Ok I could still make bogey.....then got metered badly and shanked the ball OB) again not my fault I was downloading music  - my fav too - There is a conspiracy against me, or that I was the lucky 1,000,000th viewer on a dodgy site. When I am playing I like to have hunderds of windows open despite an aging laptop. Well when I finally made it 5 yards short of the green in deep rough, my chip flies.......1 yard. WTF - on a actual course this would not happen - it might go 2 yards. Ok this MAY have been my fault for not reading or watching the tutorials, but I would like to think it was a bug in the game, as I am reluctant to admit fault (after living in Asia many many years, one gets to understand loss of face rather well). Well to top it off a 1 foot putt missed ( I powered the putt to minimise the break) and was awarded the Platinum Yips award when the hole moved 2 yards and my ball was 5 yards past.

Now to avoid the tag of being a sandbagger I had the luxury of waking up - It was a nightmare, in part caused by my own inability to play the game as well as I would like. and in part by all the whiners who never admit they are at fault and throw all their toys at WGT. So next time you get metered or hit a bad shot take a long hard look at yourself, your equipment and computer before you decide to rant about WGT - yes there are faults with the game, but it is good fun and enjoyable (frustrating at times too).

If you came to win millions I would suggest you go to I tunes and download an Aerosmith song - Dream On.

However if you happen to have won millions in this game, I would gratefully accept a deposit in a Swiss Bank account, lots of Apple shares or even better equipment gifted to me LOL..

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 4:07 PM

Read this Players . Nice twist to the story . Well done Sir .

OPY

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 4:52 PM

Smiling from ear to ear.

opyeuclid:

Read this Players . Nice twist to the story . Well done Sir .

OPY

I have to admit, after the 1st couple of lines, I moved on to see the 1st reply.

Good times.

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 5:53 AM

Very very funny and oh so true. While I have lost many balls in the water and the weeds I know it was a conspiracy on WGT's part to get me to buy more balls. It doesn't matter that there was a 15mph crosswind and I missed the dinger by a mile, or that on my approach shot i had a 25mph tail wind and forgot to reset my club and the ball went 25 yards past the green it still has to be WGT stealing my balls. Like alanti posted above it is way too easy to blame the game and not the root cause, which is MY lousy playing that round.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 6:49 AM

WGT caused the following nightmare!

(WARNING!! View this image at your own risk!  Don't blame me for missing your next 4 foot putt.)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:20 AM

3puttsSuk:
    I have to admit, after the 1st couple of lines, I moved on to see the 1st reply

Love watching ppl's replays,all seems so effortless..what you don't see is the mad scramble for the 'ding' how bad the shot was sliced & the consequent swearing..all for it to end up perfect..Andy

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:35 AM

Daing Andy. i thought it was proper to let people know you are filming them.not just take a vid of my putting without my permission.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:39 AM

alcaucin:

3puttsSuk:
    I have to admit, after the 1st couple of lines, I moved on to see the 1st reply

Love watching ppl's replays,all seems so effortless..what you don't see is the mad scramble for the 'ding' how bad the shot was sliced & the consequent swearing..all for it to end up perfect..Andy

Not quite what I was talking about...referring to the forum post and reading what OPY said before finishing the O.P.'s statement.

But it would be nice to see the meter during a replay,  would help with submitting bugs.

"I dinged it and it went straight right..."        or did you?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 11:27 AM

3puttsSuk:

But it would be nice to see the meter during a replay,  would help with submitting bugs.

Good idea,help us to remember HOW we played them too & watching other ppl's HOW we should/could play them..Would be a great learning tool ?..Andy

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:52 PM

3puttsSuk:

Hells bells WGT couldn't do that, we couldn't complain to anyone then.

RSS