Forums

Help › Forums

BALLS - Bought vs free

Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:07 PM (31 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 12:25 PM

TarheelsRule:

I can see their issues with it but in reality I think that the game should just give you the option to buy more of the same balls, that message seems to appear at the start of each game when you don't have any extras of the brand you are using, or allow you to click on which type of ball you want to play.

The same message comes up during the game when the last ball has become in play.

I do it this way, a one-click purchase, very comfortable and without extra thought.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 12:39 PM

TarheelsRule:

It is changing the ball.  However the only other alternative would be a forfeit so I guess that WGT has concluded that to avoid forfeits they will default to the free ball.

So instead of just letting the ball live thru the match at hand, just take it out of play and change the ball.. the one rule in REAL golf? 

Cant it run like the XP Boosters....? They run for more then said time if you in a match..... 

Disclaimer*

This only falls into account if said member doesnt have the said credits on hand to buy more on the spot....

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 12:53 PM

^did you see the new CC? Professional Sandbaggers. 

It only makes sense

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 2:58 PM

You know he did. Surprised he hasn't joined yet.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:00 PM

ljbast:
    Not sure about this, I use Cally (z) and always when gifted, or bought, they add to my ball count. Maybe the Max balls that were gifted to you were the different level from the 2 you already had.

No both Pro Max..?? Like I said strange.Been gifted before & like you, they went in to the stockpile..Thought it might be a new 'thing' or maybe just the Max Balls ??.....Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:19 PM

Milfshake:

TarheelsRule:

It is changing the ball.  However the only other alternative would be a forfeit so I guess that WGT has concluded that to avoid forfeits they will default to the free ball.

So instead of just letting the ball live thru the match at hand, just take it out of play and change the ball.. the one rule in REAL golf? 

"Ball life" is limited to 90-120 strokes regardless of the state of the game. And, imagine the last ball getting lost - you wanna be DQed then, rather than continuing with Starters?

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:22 PM

Your changing the ball yet your saying you cant.... 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:41 PM

It's not strictly One Ball Rule, agreed.

Alas, you wanna be DQed then, rather than continuing with Starters?

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:00 PM

I dont think we need to jump start to DQing.. WGT didnt.. So why not just spare the balls life for the remainder of the match.. If the person cant buy the replacement balls then he is on the crap end anyways...

My Ending statment is....

If WGT changes the ball back to the starter ball then whats to say that someone couldnt manipulate this feature in Credit based games?

• BMF5
    81 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2012 10:25 PM

Why was this post made in the Community Introductions forum?

RSS