Forums

Help › Forums

Meter Challenge

Thu, Sep 13 2012 5:43 PM (0 replies)
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 5:43 PM

To everybody who thinks that meter issues are caused by WGT, their servers, or internet connection try this.

Set your shot up as you normally would but, just before you start your swing, disconnect your network connection or router or cable modem or whatever (I have a Comcast cable modem that has an "INTERNET" switch on it so I can turn off the internet but keep my local network running) you will see that everything is the same until you actually "ding" (hopefully) your shot. At the point you complete your swing the game client attempts to send the swing data to the WGT servers in order to show you the results of your shot. That is when you will get an error "Cannot connect".

That should show you that any meter issues you are having is NOT caused by WGT but, rather, are the result of your local setup.

I think most of us know this and there are tons of threads on how to improve your meter performance. 

Anybody who doesn't know this and tries this and still thinks it's WGT's fault is not a rational thinker. 

I mean how could it be their fault if you AREN'T even connected?

Danny

RSS