Help › Forums

Tour Master

Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:45 PM (38 replies)
  • Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:32 AM

BOBTX61:
    WGT resets your average back UP to 72.0

uumm, no, your average resets to the first ranked round you post at legend ( or TM or whatever tier you reach ). So if first legend round is a 33 then your average resets at 66 and then goes up and down from there.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:10 PM

Thanks to all for your help, it has paid off and I have finally attained TM Tier. Now for the hard yards again, I have taken note and once again, enjoy all the courses and formats.

A note for all others, read the forums, they have a huge amount of information, some useful, some not but great for all levels. Keep up the good work all.

• kenneydavis
    109 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:13 PM

thank you very much Bob, your reply made the most sense..I really appreciate your response

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:21 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:54 AM

Congrats, fella al!

Seems you're doing well on the new greens, your new ave. of 60 brings you close to bagging in only one step! ;->

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 8:42 AM

Hey "alanti"....Congrats on making TM.  Looking at your "scoring history" today, I see you now need (48) more games as a TM.  After you have hit a minimum of (50) games as a TM.....your average will stop going up...it can only stay the same or go down.

Great if you can maintain your AVG. in the low 60's as a TM.......I think my average drifted up to 67.7 before I got my 50th round as a TM.  It took a LOT of good rounds - low scores to work my average down to the required 61.0 (to get to LEGEND). 

Those 29's, 30's & 31's you've been putting up as a Master is good....continue that trend if you can........it will make it easier for you to hit that 61.0 target. 

I don't recall what my first LEGEND score was....I only remember that WGT reset my average back UP to 72.0 on the same day I made it LEGEND.....but, I didn't care.

When you DO reach LEGEND.......take a "screen shot" of your PROFILE and save it.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 9:01 AM

alosso:

Congrats, fella al!

Seems you're doing well on the new greens, your new ave. of 60 brings you close to bagging in only one step! ;->

That response is not called for. Who are you to judge?

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 9:35 AM

This is to the OP

Moving through the tiers should be done with a lot of play on all the courses that we have available to us rather than just the 'easy ones'.  As a pro or master, you can go to the front side at Kiawah or STA and bang out some 30 and 31's and make tour master in a fairly short period of time.

However if you play all the courses, easy and hard.  Oakmont, Bethpage, Congressional, etc. in equal numbers you will be a better player when you move up to the next level.  It is tempting to take the easy way up but if you do you will find it frustrating when you aren't as good as those folks who have a 62 average on all  other courses.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 9:48 AM

Agreed, Tarheel!

Furtheron, those who rush through the tiers may find themselves at uncomfortably long tees without a chance to get adequate equipment due to their low level.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 9:54 AM

mnshiner:
    That response is not called for. Who are you to judge?
    Who are you to judge what is "called for"?

Isn't a congratulation appropriate?

Should it be wrong to pull the leg of a guy who started his new tier with a fabulous 60?

Would you mind if I ask you kindly to look up the smiley "semicolon" "hyphen" "closing angle bracket"?

RSS