Forums

Help › Forums

Pro shop reviews..

Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:11 AM (4 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:43 AM

Why are all the player reviews EXACTLY the same for the L70 nike ball ?? Just been to try and find a better stopping ball with same distance as cally z & max pro,thought I'd see what everyone else had to say about them but no use as all identical,supposedly posted 6 months apart ????  wgt ?....Andy

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:11 AM

The level 71 Nike you mean? Best ball I have ever tried and now the slower meter Calloways are awesome too but the meter is the smoothest based on feel with the level 71 Nikes IMO. Gotta get used to the extra spin from ball to ball but the best players can play even with the free balls and still whoop my *** so.... Its not the ball its the player and Club equipment that is more important.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:23 AM

alcaucin:

Why are all the player reviews EXACTLY the same for the L70 nike ball ?? Just been to try and find a better stopping ball with same distance as cally z & max pro,thought I'd see what everyone else had to say about them but no use as all identical,supposedly posted 6 months apart ????  wgt ?....Andy

Yeah, I've noticed the duplicate reviews, very strange.

I can tell you that the level 71 Nike is a great ball, meter is slow and smooth.  Stopping power and distance as good as it gets, imo.  The ball is just fun to play...and at 450 cr per sleeve, it better be!

However, as far as scoring, it's not really worth the extra 200 cr over the Cally at 250.  You might save a stroke every 18 to 27 holes, but that's about it in my experience.

Still, the Nike is a lot of fun, so take that into account.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:02 AM

alcaucin:

Yeah, its a WGT fluke.Back when I made Master, WGT gifted me a sleeve of Callies. When I checked them out in the shop,3  of the reviews were the same. They had even misspelled Callaway wrong. I did a thread on this back in June on this. Its nothing but a bogus sales pitch to get you buy the gear. What I do now , is look at the profiles of the players to see if they are using the gear that they claim to like in the review.Dont be surprised if you see players with gear that they arent qualified to haveas that happens too. Happy Swinging

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:11 AM

No I meant the L70 as it has same distance as Cally z and Max pro but more spin....Tried a round with Callys last night after using Max for a few hours.I was all over the place (fescue/bunkers etc),I guess once you go black,you can't go back...Andy

RSS