Help › Forums

Just made it to level 95.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 29 2012 3:23 AM (20 replies)
  • TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 1:07 PM

renniw52:

FYI, the next level (96) is another 193962 points. What an absolute damn joke. Who on earth ever came up with this? Granted, the levels after a certain point mean nothing. But you can progress so fast up to the lower 90's and then it gets absurd. LMFAO WGT.

1st.....Congratulations on making the big 95!!!   I'm at halfway of 92 and still see many many months of playing before ever getting to 95 lol.

Next, I played ShotOnline for quite awhile. At that time level 92 was the halfway point of getting to level 100, which was max at the time. I think now they go to level 120. Either way it was a beast trying to get to 100 and I more than know the feeling all to well hehe.

Congrats again.......

• RickD230
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 1:24 PM

Many congratulations on reaching Lvl 95.....quite an achievement......

I've a while to go...(if I get there),,,but I'm in no hurry,  I'm enjoying where I am and the level I'm at. Still got so much to learn here, but it's all good.

Congrats again renniw52.....straight down the middle.....

Bob

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:01 PM

Thank  you Tee, there are still some nice people on here,

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:18 AM

Just think, soon you will be able to get the L96 R11s hybrid lmao.   

Has anyone actually got it and uses it??

It feels like I have been at L95 fore-ever.

• tcz7149
    536 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:48 AM

renniw52:

FYI, the next level (96) is another 193962 points. What an absolute damn joke. Who on earth ever came up with this? Granted, the levels after a certain point mean nothing. But you can progress so fast up to the lower 90's and then it gets absurd. LMFAO WGT.

Congratulations, that seems so far away from where I am, oh well, like the song says Pop A Top Again! Cheers!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:46 AM

hpurey:
    It feels like I have been at L95 fore-ever.

And I'm still at L95 lmao.....only 10,041 points to go.  Not that it matters, but just seems like an eternity.

• maury62
    449 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:14 PM

i am on level 92 almost to 93 haha. an swhat do i ge twhen i get to 93 NOTHING. I PLAYE DON 10/24/2012 AN DWAS SUPPOSE TO GET A BASEBALL GOLD BALL YOU GUESSE DIT NOTHING AGAIN. WHAT  A JOKE. YOU CANT TAKE SURVEYS BECAUSE YOU DONT QUALIFY SO YOUCANT BUY ANYTHING. I WENT THROUGH ONE SURVERY ANSWERED THE PRE QUESTION EVERY DIFFERENT WAY NEVER  QUALIFIED. HAHA

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 1:34 AM

Do you really want to make legend? Why? 

Don't get me wrong - I don't find fault with that goal.

But you might be disappointed, if credits are your goal.

As Tour Master, you save hundreds of yds per 18 hole round, making it easier to defeat the course and other players at that tier, even many legends that were promoted out of their skill level (like me).

You spend months and months gaining control of your short and middle irons, you hone your wind play, adjust for elevation, adjust for green speeds, and stay away from bogeys, doubles, and dreaded others. You accumulate enough credits to get yourself the best possible equipment, maybe even start finishing in the money at ready-go's.

But when you finally make it to legend and gain the 200 odd credit bonus, now you must hone your LONG irons, woods, and putting because at the legend tier, you will need to press 59 to win credits! And that's from tees in another county (or zip code)!

WGT cannot make super long drivers yet because legends have already broken 50 with what they have! The departure from reality has already occurred.

However, if it suffices just to have that imprimatur - to know you have accomplished something that was your goal, and you play for the enjoyment (as opposed to credits), then here is how you do it.

Anyone in a CC can create tournaments (although the first one I ever created got me kicked out of my CC - so you might gain permission or at least give the CC owner a heads-up).

Then create one with the most benign conditions possible, or that best fit your game, such as which course, which nine, low winds, green speed F, easiest pins.

But unless you check-mark it to be a ranked round, none of it will help lower your average, and if it is a ranked round, you must play the default tees for your tier.

Also keep your eye out for free WGT opens such as Sun Coast Classic, etc. where you might not finish in the money, but the conditions are often quite benign (which is where that first "49" occurred).

I sincerely hope this observation helps you with either goal you choose.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 2:10 AM

There is a steep curve in the level points, which as far as I can tell is probably designed to equalize somewhat the positions of long-term and recent players. In other words, in the time it takes to go from, say, 95 to 96, a new player can go from 0 to 79. (Personally I'm at 95, about 2 months into the 3-month trek to 96.)

As long as you get your level up in the 90s where you are likely to qualify for good new equipment coming out, the actual level doesn't really mean anything anymore. It seems unlikely they would release equipment at, say, level 100 or 110 if there is hardly anybody there to buy the stuff.

RSS