Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:55 PM

rogergjones:
    what u don't see dummy is the 15 or 20 rounds I quit on after taking a 6 or 7 in the first couple holes

First and foremost - who uses the term dummy these days?

As for tiering up to Master - IMO it is the hardest jump to make, well I personally found it was but that may have been as I only used starters clubs to that point.

But quitting will get you nowhere - finish every round and learn from every shot. It is a huge learning curve and by quitting most of the time you are only learning to play the easy shots - and you will never improve.

Do not worry about your average or statistics and you will be become a better player. You are just kidding yourself and boosting your own ego by pretending your average is better than it really is.

PS if you quit playing with others it is really poor form.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 10:16 PM

rogergjones:

how funny, what u don't see dummy is the 15 or 20 rounds I quit on after taking a 6 or 7 in the first couple holes. That's something I never did as a Tour Pro. Go get a life.

Paul is far from a dummy...about 3,007 nautical miles, actually.  So, "Go get a lifejacket" would've made more sense.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 10:41 PM

rogergjones:
    Its back to POGO for me.

I thought you were going back to POGO, a game I assume you excel at.

69 Ranked Rounds and crying about losing balls in pairs. Is it possible your caddy (profile pic) may have a better use for them?

Maybe these will help when you RETURN to WGT....oh wait, you played Blitz today...LMAO !!!

• Hogwired
    82 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 10:12 AM

CanineSupervisor:

rogergjones:
    Its back to POGO for me.

....oh wait, you played Blitz today...LMAO !!!

Busted!!

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 2:36 PM

pvcerod:
    this business of triggering the meter to stop & it keeps going is unfair

And that is why most of the OB and water is on the right.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 2:41 PM

ArgyleScott:

pvcerod:
    this business of triggering the meter to stop & it keeps going is unfair

And that is why most of the OB and water is on the right.

There, there sir, yes, of course it is.....NURSE!!

• djones8
    120 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:02 PM

i am a legend and it was hard and expensive getting there, i agree with what you are saying, but how about this last week my avg was 64.72 i switched on after a 2 day layup i was in bed with the flu, i looked at my avg it had gone up to 64.90, and thats without playing a game for 2 days, i got on to WGT and they said they have no control over the scoring , and can do nothing about it i told them that i had not played a game of stroke play for a long time only playing matchplay and alternate shots i have been playing those for months, so how can they warrant my score going up, its beyond me, i emailed them again asking them to name the games of stoke i have supposed to have played but all i got back was 3 nike balls and told to play more to get my score down , what do you think of that 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 5:37 PM

djones8:
    all i got back was 3 nike balls and told to play more to get my score down , what do you think of that 

I think you should be very pleased with yourself, a free sleeve of Nikes, well played sir.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 5:46 PM

Yes free Nikes are very welcome, I actually got two sleeves yesterday from WGT.

I am extremely pleased with myself, but playing with them I had a brain fart on Standies #1, was 33 yards away front pin, and I did something I never do, played a pitch for 35, and it went straight in the burn. 2nd shot with a brand new Nike RZN red.

I was distraught for the rest of the day.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:19 PM

djones8:

i am a legend and it was hard and expensive getting there, i agree with what you are saying, but how about this last week my avg was 64.72 i switched on after a 2 day layup i was in bed with the flu, i looked at my avg it had gone up to 64.90, and thats without playing a game for 2 days, i got on to WGT and they said they have no control over the scoring , and can do nothing about it i told them that i had not played a game of stroke play for a long time only playing matchplay and alternate shots i have been playing those for months, so how can they warrant my score going up, its beyond me, i emailed them again asking them to name the games of stoke i have supposed to have played but all i got back was 3 nike balls and told to play more to get my score down , what do you think of that 

If you've  only been playing matchplay and alternate shots for months, what does it matter if you see a slight change in your average? You're not playing rounds to lower it anyway.

RSS