Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 8:47 AM

imho the game's 'randomizer, or 'smoothing handicap programming' (esp. when multi teirs play) exist for several reasons. 1) to keep the game random as in real life 2) to make you learn how to play better 3) to maintain the grade levels in the assorted products where some are better than others. 4) to keep it from getting routine and boring/hackneyed  5) to establish the tier hierarchy.

The game is a very advanced program and without a tier hierarchy perhaps a Legend, with lots of earnings, could make a 2nd account as a Hack, etc. and use their experience, gifted credits for equipment and calculations to shoot almost as good as the advanced players. That would create many 'ringers' and I'm not sure how desired that would be.

ringer (as you know) ' an impostor, especially one whose pretense is intended to gain an advantage in a competition'

• pvcerod
    92 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:26 PM

JFidanza:

imho the game's 'randomizer, or 'smoothing handicap programming' (esp. when multi teirs play) exist for several reasons. 1) to keep the game random as in real life 2) to make you learn how to play better 3) to maintain the grade levels in the assorted products where some are better than others. 4) to keep it from getting routine and boring/hackneyed  5) to establish the tier hierarchy.

The game is a very advanced program and without a tier hierarchy perhaps a Legend, with lots of earnings, could make a 2nd account as a Hack, etc. and use their experience, gifted credits for equipment and calculations to shoot almost as good as the advanced players. That would create many 'ringers' and I'm not sure how desired that would be.

ringer (as you know) ' an impostor, especially one whose pretense is intended to gain an advantage in a competition'

Don't worry, this is happening now ;)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 2:53 PM

No surprise to that, and it would be nice to start over, in a way, if I had the time and credits.

I understand that there are a lot of points that we are making on this issue. What I am saying is that with the 'radomizer' or 'handicapper' built in to limit/challenge your progress, ringers are going to be suppressed..

You can search out the Pro tier and it will only be high levels (again, better clubs, grade levels..) that have any Eagles at all. Maybe a Pro will have one eagle, rarely two but it is not likely that a Pro or lower is going the be a challenge to the higher tier players. i.e. Higher tier players that always get all birdies and a couple eagles per game.

Maybe the 'radomizer' or whatever exists for that partially welcome reason.

~JF

Join My new voice chat The Chipper Chat Chippers C3 country club

• clucktrentsuperd
    224 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 12:32 PM

just a thought..HOW MANY GAMES DO WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY.... ONLY TO BE DISCONNECTED OVER AND  OVER AND OVER AGAIN...............  man so many posts on this, and so little done to look into problem..... WHY. man i know i have spent close to a $1000 on here easy in 4 years... maybe i am dumbfounded, but i really learned to like this free game enough to spend the $$$  on it, can someone please in systems do something to prevent this.... or be accoutable for games lost(i.e. balls losts... strokes counted...etc....... just sayin/   please e-mail a response... frustrated as you can believe why   and agreed with riverc on about everything he posts...aTHANKS FOR YOUR TIME. >>>>  a very dedicated wgt nation player and will remain that way, just throw us a bone once in awhile guys!!!

• dabberme
    88 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 1:30 PM

clucktrentsuperd:

just a thought..HOW MANY GAMES DO WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY.... ONLY TO BE DISCONNECTED OVER AND  OVER AND OVER AGAIN...............  man so many posts on this, and so little done to look into problem..... WHY. man i know i have spent close to a $1000 on here easy in 4 years... maybe i am dumbfounded, but i really learned to like this free game enough to spend the $$  on it, can someone please in systems do something to prevent this.... or be accoutable for games lost(i.e. balls losts... strokes counted...etc....... just sayin/   please e-mail a response... frustrated as you can believe why   and agreed with riverc on about everything he posts...aTHANKS FOR YOUR TIME. >>>>  a very dedicated wgt nation player and will remain that way, just throw us a bone once in awhile guys!!!

I just finished a game under these circumstances and I just bought the new balls out. Pure waste of my ball usage indeed. Time to play with free balls and to hell with what happens. Can't be worse than we are getting. I am past the $1000.00 mark, What an idiot I am. One thing about hitting yourself in the head with a hammer  is  it feels good when you quit. With all the posts on this and the way the website itself runs when trying to get a game can tell one only one thing. They don't give a damn period or they are incompetent.

• clucktrentsuperd
    224 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 4:52 PM

it is amazing how much $$ i have spent on here only to be disconnected over and over again, or someone else in a group... and now we r not supposed to complain about it? common wgt....... this is america man...you know freedom of speech and all........amazing how many times i have been timed out.....never once quit a game in 4 years, but who knows a how many times i have lost or a partner has lost and everyone in group waste the $ on the balls they have bought with the clubs they have bought...why can't you fix this??/this was never this bad when i started.... look you took away cussin, beer talk, fun talk, basically golf talk, please don't take away what we r on here for>>>>>>golf. you know i am right ...a lot on here are fed up......!! man please i am handicapped..this is all i got to golf with...... this is it....  i am in a wheelchair now, and cannot golf in any other way. please write me on this and explain why this happens. i bet i have wasted 100 balls on the time outs i have gotten on here.. please email me on this. i think i deserve that. i think all the players deserve that..THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 11:11 PM

It's time for a class action lawsuit.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 11:19 AM

GFL with that. LOL

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 3:45 PM

Do you guys pay any attention , to when threads are posted ? This one was started in 2012 , so why comment on it ? Just wondering .

RSS