Forums

Help › Forums

Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:04 PM (4 replies)
  • PepperNose
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:19 AM

Hi, i am fairly new to WGT.  I have been looking at the tournaments and cannot understand how someone has shot 53 for 18 holes??  Is that even possible??  I am still on Amateur level, but have upgraded my eqpt as much as possible.  Any tips would be appreciated????

Cheers

Peppernose

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:05 PM

Welcome to the game. Good move with upgrading your sticks, makes a big difference. All I can say is practice and play a lot and who knows a 53 may come one day. For me it is not attainable, I play for fun and enjoyment but perhaps WGT will gift me a 400 yard driver (slow swing) and irons that will only put the ball within 2 feet - then I may have a chance lol.

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:23 PM

Hi there - take a look at the profile/stats of the player that shot the 53... You will probably find he is lvl90 or higher, legend or tour legend tier - with >2000 ranked rounds.  Also, he probably has the best equipment ito spin and distance control.

Also, if the tournament is at BPB or StGeorges, par there is 70, so a 53 is only 17under, so not even a "perfect round". Two players that I know of have shot 49's.  One at Kiawah (5 eagles and 13 birdies) and one at Cabo.  The Kiawah one was off shorter tees than normal, but the Cabo round was off the tips.

Some people do nothing but play all day on WGT - that kind of practice makes pretty permanent knowledge and skills development which can easily translate into a 53.  Stick around, practice, take notes, hone skills and you could get there too......

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:09 PM

A level 90 tour pro can also easily shoot a 53. They just level up , buy the best equipment & shoot from the ladies tee's. Most likely they are useing their 5th or 6th account at WGT.

Happens every day.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:04 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

A level 90 tour pro can also easily shoot a 53. They just level up , buy the best equipment & shoot from the ladies tee's. Most likely they are useing their 5th or 6th account at WGT.

Happens every day.

I aint seen that happen .

Dont discourage the newbie :) .

Shout out to Druss what up man. When can we do it again? Was fun last time. :) inquiring minds eh lol.

RSS