Forums

Help › Forums

Master Level

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:53 AM (7 replies)
  • FlyTyer
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 11:25 AM

WOW.....not sure I like the idea of being at the master level..my game sucks now.....played cabol de sol and shot an 81 . my question is does anything change in the way I played  as a tour pro to becoming a master. I know the tee box changes, but is there anything else, or am I just whinning (lol).. thanks

Hit'em Straight

Flytyer

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 11:39 AM

Congratulations on your promotion. One thing you'll find is more pressure to hit fairways and greens. You already have the clubs to do well at this level.

The greens are also a little quicker so start out concentrating on lagging it close and getting away with the one-putt or two-putt and avoiding the three putt. That will serve you well while you are on the learning curve at any new level.

I suspect that you will learn this master level and improve to par or better quickly. Just have some patience.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 12:47 PM

Does this mean f ure a Tour  pro   player and u only hav wgt starter clubs as u cant  earn enuff credits(unless u do the free things for 2 year) that  turning too Master is  pointless?

yes i here u say! well buy some creditt! sorry im disabled unable too work so cant afford credits..wnt allow me a card. :(

ty in advance. :)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:09 PM

srellim234:

Congratulations on your promotion. One thing you'll find is more pressure to hit fairways and greens. You already have the clubs to do well at this level.

The greens are also a little quicker [...]

Add my congrats!

While the Master tier tees off further back as stated, the green speed remains the same, "very fast" like before as a Tour Pro. Only when advancing to Tour Master, the greens will advance to "(Master) Tournament" while then the tees remain unchanged.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:28 PM

BustaSpliff:

Does this mean f ure a Tour  pro   player and u only hav wgt starter clubs as u cant  earn enuff credits(unless u do the free things for 2 year) that  turning too Master is  pointless?

yes i here u say! well buy some creditt! sorry im disabled unable too work so cant afford credits..wnt allow me a card. :(

Playing the longer Master tees with Starter equipment is difficult at least - you might set up a practice game with "hard" (not "hardest") tees, e.g. at STA. Holes #4 and #7 will be one hard test!

OTOH, it's not impossible. I've played against one or two Masters who played the Starters brilliantly, dunno how they managed to stop the Starter balls so close at the holes!

You have some good companions in your bag which will help you a lot - don't worry!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 8:20 PM

Try the offers, videos and surveys, you'll have enough to buy new clubs in no time. I've never put a cent into this game but I've upgraded my clubs 3 times and have enough credits now for the next upgrade. Good luck.

• Firenzo
    545 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 8:56 PM

courteneyfish:

Try the offers, videos and surveys, you'll have enough to buy new clubs in no time. I've never put a cent into this game but I've upgraded my clubs 3 times and have enough credits now for the next upgrade. Good luck.

Actually Courteney, the available surveys are pretty limited for low income seniors (I know, I am one). I get about 1 survey per week, and with the videos doubled, credits come very slowly. You can get there, but it does take time..  

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:53 AM

Firenzo:
    , the available surveys are pretty limited for low income seniors (I know, I am one). I get about 1 survey per week

When you 1st give them the info , make out you're a single 22 yr old,own home with 6 figure + income....you'll have so many to do, there won't be time for golf...Andy

RSS