Help › Forums

Burner 2.0 L79 vs G20 L83

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:13 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:07 AM

As much as i hate to spend this kind of money I would really like some feedback on these to club sets. The G20 cost about 200  more than the Burner 2.0, but the 2.0 has a better reach,and the 2.0 has a faster meter. What i would like to know is what kind of stoping power do they have when they hit the green.Is one better than the other.?? Reason I'm asking is that I need to upgrade my Iron to better deal with the Sandbaggers that refuse to grow some nuts and move up to Master Tier. Thanks.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:44 AM

The Burners have greater stopping power/length,no doubt and they were game changers for me...however the meter is very fast (faster than your current wedges by far) and you gotta get near the 'ding'..so maybe with the clubs you already have the G20 may be best for you...Andy

• four40
    11 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:12 AM

You have G10 irons now. There is no much difference in speed meter between this clubs also burners have more forgiveness so you can miss ding zone with no consequences. Do not be afraid and take burners. It will be a great upgrade.

And I think you need better balls with more feel.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:43 AM

Fubar057:

Reason I'm asking is that I need to upgrade my Iron to better deal with the Sandbaggers that refuse to grow some nuts and move up to Master Tier. Thanks.

Stop playing TourPros and below, then.

From people I've talked to, the G's are great if you like slow meters but suffer from power drainage when you apply backspin and/or miss the ding.  They are also affected by wind more....and don't stop near as well with a moderate tailwind.

The Burners stop really well, fly really far and high, but punish the bujeezus out of you if you miss the ding by much.

Most agree that the Burners and R11s (though not in your question) are the clubs that can compete at Legend.  However, I played a couple Legends lately playing the G's and they absolutely kicked my butt.

The bottom line is:  Get to know whichever you choose.  Both perform very well.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:39 AM

Choppography:

Fubar057:

Reason I'm asking is that I need to upgrade my Iron to better deal with the Sandbaggers that refuse to grow some nuts and move up to Master Tier. Thanks.

Stop playing TourPros and below, then

Good point (missed that)...So basically we just advised you how to beat up on the 'little guys' ?..lol...gl , but watch out for the 'Multies' !!....Andy

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:44 AM

You need to look at this over the long term. If you last the COURSE then you'll end up with the R11's So what you really need to do is try to work out which clubs would best provide a stepping stone to the final stop. 

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:58 AM

I was in your situation at one point. Go w/ the Burners and don't look back. The meter really isn't that fast after you get used to the meter. The stopping power is almost as good as the R11s. 

Ratings (Opinion)

TaylorMade R11s - 98

TaylorMade Burner 2.0s - 94

Ping G20s - 88

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 1:07 PM

The Burners are absolutely top-notch.  At this point in my game there aren't any equipment options which will give me gross increments of performance.  I can only get small increments in performance.  

Nevertheless, I will continue to upgrade where possible and when allowed.  I will upgrade the Burners eventually.  On the other hand, except for the rules and timing of upgrades, the Burners are the VERY LAST thing that I would try to improve upon.

• RichardCosta
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 1:16 PM

I just bought the Burners a few weeks ago and i am super satisfied with them.

I improve my game a lot,always staying closer to the hole.

I play with the 10 credits WGT ball that as only a little spin and with the burners they stop almost immediately.

Buy the Burners,you wont regret it.

• nat11
    1,638 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 1:33 PM

used both sets ...... burners win easily ! without any doubt unless you want a slow meter and want to compromise on long iron approaches as the burners grip like glue when needed 

• PAGES
RSS