Help › Forums

WGT Did you fix

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:27 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:22 PM

Actually, it isn't unprofessional.  Submitting a bug report does not generally elicit the same response as asking a question directly of a participating CSR.

What strikes me is your posting something outside of working hours and expecting an immediate response.  It's far from unique.  I've seen it numerous times in technical forums.  The fact remains that it is a projection of the attitude exhibited by those who are entirely selfish and motivated by the "I'm entitled" syndrome.

You're entitled to play this game (so long as you're reasonably polite) and spend as much or as little money as you like.  You're entitled to report bugs or ask questions.  You are entitled to expect some reasonable amount of expertise on the part of the providers.  You are not entitled to suck from a sugar tit for all your life, despite how the first 10 years of your life have gone.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:21 PM

Back to your actual issue...

I don't think it's a bug. I think what happened was you aimed and then something moved the aim, which caused avatar to move.

There have been timed when I aimed and then hit and ball went nowhere or just flew randomly. It usually happens when you try to time ding and sometimes it doesn't work.

But, if this happens again, please a save a replay and alert me.

-wgticon

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:30 PM

bubbadork:

Actually, it isn't unprofessional.  Submitting a bug report does not generally elicit the same response as asking a question directly of a participating CSR.

What strikes me is your posting something outside of working hours and expecting an immediate response.  It's far from unique.  I've seen it numerous times in technical forums.  The fact remains that it is a projection of the attitude exhibited by those who are entirely selfish and motivated by the "I'm entitled" syndrome.

You're entitled to play this game (so long as you're reasonably polite) and spend as much or as little money as you like.  You're entitled to report bugs or ask questions.  You are entitled to expect some reasonable amount of expertise on the part of the providers.  You are not entitled to suck from a sugar tit for all your life, despite how the first 10 years of your life have gone.

Excuse me , but are you on something, You don't know me,and how dare you title me. Now you can try and get your head out of wgt's ass but I think it's so far in there that it's stuck. Oh guess the last part of your screen name says it all  dork

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:37 PM

WGTicon:

I don't think it's a bug. I think what happened was you aimed and then something moved the aim, which caused avatar to move.

There have been timed when I aimed and then hit and ball went nowhere or just flew randomly. It usually happens when you try to time ding and sometimes it doesn't work.

-wgticon

Icon, I did try to get a replay, but did not have the option. Also I did make sure that I was aiming at the flag when I took the shot, and made sure the marker did not move as I slid the the bar, I was still facing forward when I released to make the shot. It was when I hit the ding the Avatar turned 180 and swung. Also like I said a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him, We can forget me wanting the ball back, that's not a big deal. If you want PM me and I will give you the name of the other player, and he can tell you what happened to him.  This had to happen to some other players also. It was the 50 RG

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:10 PM

I'll give you the $1.50 for a new ball if you stop ranting and raving. If you can imagine how many bug reports are sent in daily, the time it would take to personally respond to them all is much too large for it to be worth their time. They spend that time.... Fixing bugs!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:35 PM

Are all you people on something? How the hell are they suppose to know a problem exist unless we tell them. So how much time does it take to type " Problem is fixed"  You need to take a pill ,and unless you have a bug with the game you are playing stay the F**K out of my business. Did I RANT and RAVE that enough? Did you get the point ? 

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:39 PM

Woodoworkery:

Are all you people on something? How the hell are they suppose to know a problem exist unless we tell them. So how much time does it take to type " Problem is fixed"  You need to take a pill ,and unless you have a bug with the game you are playing stay the F**K out of my business. Did I RANT and RAVE that enough? Did you get the point ? 

Even though you are using bad words I think you are right . I have said it before and I dont care if people are tired of reading about my gripe with WGT's customer service or lack thereof. A change is needed for sure.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:11 PM

Everyone is missing the point, it's not the ball, it's not the bug these things happen, the point is some one is working this site I believe 24-7.  I may be wrong, but a lot of updates are done sometimes between 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM  so someone is working.

This bug that I came across may not be a bug at all it might have been just a mishap in the program, and all I ask is was it fixed. Now I have run into so called bugs before , reported it and it was replied back that yes there was a problem and it was fixed.

So I just got upset when I asked a simple question and it was ignored. Then the so call, I don't know what to call them came out of the woodwork and started attacking me. So i had no recourse but to reply. How can I not reply , when I was upset that WGT did not reply to me.

But other than that I have to say that every time I had a problem Icon took care of it in a very  speedy time frame. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:27 AM

Woodoworkery:

WGTicon:

-wgticon

Icon, I did try to get a replay, but did not have the option. Also I did make sure that I was aiming at the flag when I took the shot, and made sure the marker did not move as I slid the the bar, I was still facing forward when I released to make the shot. It was when I hit the ding the Avatar turned 180 and swung. Also like I said a friend of mine had the same thing happen to him, We can forget me wanting the ball back, that's not a big deal. If you want PM me and I will give you the name of the other player, and he can tell you what happened to him.  This had to happen to some other players also. It was the 50 RG

hi

I view bug as something you can always replicate as in: you go to hole #3, do something and bug always happens./

I suspect maybe you had a flash crash or something else got messed up, that's not a bug per say but a random occurrence in a computer game which relies on a website, 3rd party platform and everything else work together to function.

-wgticon

• PAGES
RSS