Help › Forums

So frustrating!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:44 PM (4 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:33 AM

Message I sent to WGT...

"5  minutes  ago  I  sent  you  a  problem  while  I  was  waiting  patiently  for  a  match  to  continue.    NOW  I  GET  THIS  NOTICE  THAT  I  FORFEITED  MY  CREDITS.    Tell  me  how  I  can  forfeit  my  credits  when  I'm  sitting  there  waiting  for  the  game  continue?"

I've been playing WGT regularly for about 2 months and frankly It's getting too expensive for me to continue.  I'm retired on Social Security and I love to play but the above problem has lost me AT LEAST 2,000 credits in the last month.  Let me know if this game was made for rich people only?

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:36 AM

gerryniswonger:
    "5  minutes  ago  I  sent  you  a  problem  while  I  was  waiting  patiently  for  a  match  to  continue.    NOW  I  GET  THIS  NOTICE  THAT  I  FORFEITED  MY  CREDITS.    Tell  me  how  I  can  forfeit  my  credits  when  I'm  sitting  there  waiting  for  the  game  continue?"

Can you elaborate on where you were waiting for over 5 minutes? If you were brought back to the lobby and waited there, it really shouldn't happen. But if you were still "in the game" for 5 mins and it seemed like your opponent wasn't able to load, but you could see the course and write in the chat box etc., it actually means you were the one who got booted and your opponent was the one waiting 5 mins in the lobby for you to return and won after 5 mins expired. Be very careful, if your opponents shot clock expires and nothing happens (no warning or stroke penalties) it means you're the one who's out. All you need is to close the game window and reopen it with the "play now" tab. Then you'll be asked if you want to continue or forfeit and of course you continue. Sometimes it won't let you press continue, though. It's best to completely log out then and come back, maybe even restart the computer, but you'd have to be quick about it.

PU

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:00 PM

+1 PU!

• longballknocker
    40 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:08 PM

With every new e-mail account you are eligible to begin a new player. For myself there is nothing more challenging than advancing a new player with only starter clubs and balls. Leave the monied games to those that choose to gamble. For those of us who enjoy the true challenge without the stress of paying for an advantage this is the best.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:44 PM

longballknocker:

With every new e-mail account you are eligible to begin a new player. For myself there is nothing more challenging than advancing a new player with only starter clubs and balls. Leave the monied games to those that choose to gamble. For those of us who enjoy the true challenge without the stress of paying for an advantage this is the best.

LOL, there must be something lost in the translation here. Are you saying you yourself are opening accounts and then advance them with starters? Cause you're a member for over 3 years and you have a decent set of clubs. And what you're discribing (at least from my non english speaking perspective) is called multi-accounting. But I suppose if you don't use them in any cash/prize involved games there's neither harm nor foul. I wouldn't advertise it on the forums though. I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

PU

RSS