Forums

Help › Forums

Game screen not loading

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:44 AM (5 replies)
  • IH8kidz
    907 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:36 PM

When I click play now button, the following screens pop up randomly. I can click 8-10 times before the game screen comes up. Settings messed up? Browser issue? Was fine until about a month ago.

Any help appreciated

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:10 PM

hi

sounds like a flash issue. i'd try clearing cookies/temp files for both flash and the browser and trying again. if the issue keeps happening then I would re-install flash.

finally, you could also try another browser and see if it helps.

-wgticon

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:10 PM

Not sure whats causing that in your explorer. Have tried it with my IE9 and don't seem to have a problem and I have the newest flash as of two days ago. Have you tried using another Browser? (preferrable not Chrome unless you want to keep having to disable Shockwave Flashes or disabling the auto update feature). I currently use Maxthon3 and it works very well. There are other browsers that are also playing well including Chrome after disabling Shockwave Pepper Player.

Otherwise you might try doing a system restore back to before the problem started. Someone else may know of a better fix as I don't use explorer to play wgt anymore.

• IH8kidz
    907 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 3:05 PM

Thanks to both of you. I actually deleted some toolbar crap and a few other files and it seems to be good now.

Hit em straight

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:00 PM

IH8kidz:

Thanks to both of you. I actually deleted some toolbar crap and a few other files and it seems to be good now.

Hit em straight

Funny, that wgt still give that you have to do those basics they keep saying to do, and it ends up being something different causing the problem. I know they don't know every ones computer. Giving the wrong information does not help and most of the time clearing cookies and clearing cache is not the only fix or disabling add-ons or resetting browser or trying another browser does nothing.

They got to leave that box they are in. Not everything is in that box. Normal programmer that programs software know this. So every time I see wgt give those things to do makes me roll my eyes. Called "Troubleshooting". Got go further sometimes to fix things. Like a lot of the things on this site is still left undone. Site do not just need a daily run and monthly update. They sometime need major fixes. I see that in this sites case there won't be any major fixes to some problems that have mention by many members of this site since the beginning.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:44 AM

Games4Ever71:
    Funny, that wgt still give that you have to do those basics they keep saying to do, and it ends up being something different causing the problem. I know they don't know every ones computer. Giving the wrong information does not help and most of the time clearing cookies and clearing cache is not the only fix or disabling add-ons or resetting browser or trying another browser does nothing.
    Giving blind advice is faster customer service than getting deeper into it with questions. It also needs less expertise (no offense to the front ppl, just a fact saving costs for WGT).

And sometimes every company needs to give answers working like smoke grenades.

RSS