Forums

Help › Forums

playing for credits

Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:42 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • easternguy
    301 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:34 PM

I am a 65 ave Legend and I play to my average. I win a majority of my "scored" matches but lose a majority of my "challenge" matches. Because it's hard to find a match with another legend, I often play tour masters or masters...most of these guys use equipment equal to or better than mine. just lost a match to a 65 average tour master 1 down...I made seven birdies. Any non-sandbaggers want to play a match?

I don't mind losing but prefer an equal playing field...

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:21 PM

Unfortunately that is the system and it is being worked , i like you get burned every time i play a challenge match , so i have decided to stay well clear .

good luck easternguy , unfortunately people like to win and most of the masters and tour masters you have been playing are most probably legends but just never been promoted , and they would rather hide in the dark and rob credits the easy way , let's face it the shorter tees are such a huge advantage to a player that is at the level of a legend  !

Good luck mate !

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:56 PM

I feel for you. I have decided to stay in our little CC, have fun and foster friendships. When you get out into this world called WGT  you have zero idea what is happening. I have played guys & gals on this site that in my wildest dreams will never beat. So  playing for $$$  as far as I'm concerned is out  IMO  only

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 8:48 AM

easternguy:
    I am a 65 ave Legend and I play to my average. I win a majority of my "scored" matches but lose a majority of my "challenge" matches. Because it's hard to find a match with another legend,

In the same boat...........I'll give you a game...Andy

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:30 AM

I got in the boat and feel like I'm walking the plank :-).

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:56 AM

bubbadork:

I got in the boat and feel like I'm walking the plank :-).

Wait till you get 'keel hauled' on Congress..:-).....Andy

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:41 PM

There is one benefit.  I used to flog my shots right down the gullet on all those St. Andrews holes.  I don't have to adjust so precisely anymore.  I can't reach the dam' gullets.

• STRIKERITE
    2 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 8:25 PM

Hey, nice playing that challenge match against you for credits.  By the way, i wasnt a       "65 average tour master,"  63 seems more fitting, and when you are playing to your average, yes that will end up putting you a shot down.  The problem I have, is your whining, where would you be, had i slipped one in the rough, or say, knocked one in weeds, should I start whining then?  You have excellent clubs, your Tee shots were at most, 5- 10 yds less then mine.  Its the nature of the game. I play tourneys all the time, should I start whining when pros and tour pros beat me? I think not.  1 down is not a deal of sandbagging.  I thought it was a good game, we did make several birdies but also made a few pars,  think of it this way, I have to make at least 4 birdies in 9-hole- play to even get close to my average, so your excuse of "i made several birdies" doesnt hold much water now does it.  You people, and your little clan of agreeable readers need to grow up and accept an occational loss....its why we play the game, there is always the chance we ae going to lose!

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:53 AM

+1 ^^

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:32 AM

STRIKERITE:
    ....its why we play the game, there is always the chance we ae going to lose!

Just checked your activity to see who you were talking about and noticed you have beaten 2 of my fellow CC members in the last two days...Let's get a game going so I can restore some pride back to 'The Serenity CC' (or not)..

ps:I don't mind getting beaten, it just doesn't happen very often....lol..Andy

• PAGES
RSS